The Radboud University Scholarships are offered to a selected number of prospective international students to pursue a complete English-taught Master’s degree programme at the University in the Netherlands.
Application Deadline: 1st March 2018
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International (Non EEA)
To be taken at (country): The Netherlands
Fields of Study: Eligible English-taught Masters Degree Programme offered by the Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Philosophy, Theology & Religious Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Medical Sciences, and Faculty of Law.
About the Award: The Radboud Scholarship Programme is very selective and is only intended for talented students who have obtained outstanding study results and are highly motivated to pursue a Master’s degree programme at Radboud University.
Type: Masters taught
Eligibility: A candidate will only be eligible to obtain a Radboud Scholarship if they:
- hold a non-EU/EEA passport
- are not eligible for the lower EEA tuition fee for other reasons
- have (will obtain) a Bachelor’s degree achieved outside the Netherlands, have no degrees achieved in the Netherlands and did not receive any previous education in the Netherlands
- have been fully admitted to the English-taught Master’s degree programme starting September 1, 2018 as stated in the formal letter of admission
- are able to comply with the conditions for obtaining a visa for the Netherlands
- are enrolled at Radboud University as a full-time student for the academic year and Master’s degree programme for which the scholarship will be awarded
Selection Criteria: From the eligible candidates the Radboud Scholarship holders will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Talent: this means that you must have outstanding study results in your present field of study
- You are expected to be a promising student in your desired field of study at Radboud University
- Proven academic quality and good results of your prior education for example through grades, test scores, publications
- Quality of the recommendations in the two reference letters
- Motivation: based on your motivation letter for the Master’s progamme
Number of Awardees: 30
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship consists of a partial tuition waiver and pays for costs for visa and insurance. The tuition fee will be waived to the level of an EEA student. For example: a grant holder in 2018/2019 will pay a tuition fee of only €2,060, instead of €9,879 or €10,856. In addition the Radboud Scholarship also covers costs such as those for visa, residence permit, health insurance and liability insurance (Insurance Passport for Students (IPS)). This amounts to about €940. The Radboud Scholarship is not a full scholarship and does not include living costs.
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year. In the case of a two-year programme: to qualify for the grant during the second year, you need to have passed all courses in the first year.
How to Apply: You apply for a Radboud Scholarship by indicating during your application for admission that you wish to apply for a Radboud Scholarship. You will then be requested to upload three additional documents: two reference letters and a curriculum vitae.
Award Provider: Radboud University.