University of Twente Joint Japan/World Bank Masters Scholarship for Developing Countries 2017/2018
The University of Twente through the Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship is offering Masters to students from World Bank member countries for the 2017/2018 academic session.
Application Deadline: Applications will open on 25th January 2017
Deadline: 10th March 2017
Eligible Countries: World Bank Member countries (See list of countries in link below)
To be taken at (country): The Netherlands
Fields of Study: Development in fields such as economics, health, education, environment, natural resource management, or other development‑related subject.
About the Award: The mission of the World Bank Group is to reduce poverty and improve living standards through sustainable development and investment in people. The World Bank Institute (WBI) is at the forefront of the Bank’s efforts to promote learning and deliver to the stakeholders, the best thinking and experience emerging from around the world on issues crucial to reform and socio-economic development.
Eligibility: To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must fulfill the requirements below.
- be a national of a developing country;
- not be a dual citizen of any developed country;
- hold a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent university degree) earned before 2013
- have at least 3 years of development-related experience since earning a Bachelor’s degree.
- commit to returning home to their country on graduation in order to use your enhanced knowledge and skills towards your community’s, country’s or region’s development.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way air travel, you will receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip.
- tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance usually obtained through the university.
- a monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenses, including books, while you are on campus studying at the preferred masters program. The amount of the allowance varies depending on the host country.
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
How to Apply: Students will be able to apply for this scholarship when applications open on 25th January 2017. In the meantime you may begin gathering documents needed for application for this scholarship.
Award Provider: JJ/WBGSP