World Citizen Talent Scholarship 2020/2021 for International Students – The Netherlands
Each year, 54 (one-time) scholarships each worth EUR 5,000 are available to prospective bachelor’s or master’s degree students. The Hague University of Applied Sciences is seeking young, intelligent, talented and ambitious people who view themselves as citizens of the world.
Application Deadline: 31st March, 2020
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Students from outside the European Union (and not from Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland or Suriname)
To be taken at (country): The Hague University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands
Eligibility: To be eligible for a World Citizen Talent Scholarship, candidate must:
- Come from outside the European Union (and not from Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland or Surinam).
- Be enrolling for the first time at The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
- have to pay the full institutional tuition fee rate.
- Have never applied for this scholarship before.
- Have not applied for the Holland Scholarship.
- Have been provisionally accepted as a student (also-called offer of student position) on or before 1 May 2020.
Selection Criteria: Appointed judges will select the 54 students whose essays will have impressed them most to receive the scholarship. The decision of the jury is binding and you will be informed about it via email before 15 May 2020.
Number of Awardees: 54
Value of Scholarship: €5,000.
Duration of Scholarship: One-time
How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship, you must first apply to the Bachelor or Master programme of your choice and write an essay following the essay guidelines.
- Apply for the Master programme of your choice by using the online Osiris application tool.
- Write an essay (in English, 950 to 1100 words ) explaining why and how you can contribute to the multinational, multicultural beehive that is The Hague University of Applied Sciences. Please read the essay guidelines and information on the assessment procedure below before you start writing.
- Submit your essay by completing the scholarship application form between 1 November – 31 March.
Award Provider: The Hague University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands
Important Notes: Please note that you will only be awarded the scholarship after you have been conditionally accepted and have met all terms and conditions of enrolment. You will receive the scholarship amount of € 5.000, after your arrival in The Hague and have set up a Dutch bank account.