OSISA/Africa University Masters Scholarship for African Students 2017/2018
OSISA, in collaboration with the Africa University is offering scholarships for the Masters in Public Policy and Governance programme with the aim of developing a three-week capacity building programme for mid-career policy practitioners working in the public and private sectors.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 30th May, 2017
Eligible Countries: Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe
To be taken at (country): Africa University, Zimbabwe
Fields of Study: Scholarship recipients are particularly encouraged to explore areas of research related to the following areas of study:
- Natural Resource Governance and Policy in Africa
- Climate Change and Environmental Sustainabilityin Africa
- Marginalisation and Exclusion in Policy Making
- Democracy and Governance in Africa
- Renewable Energy Policy
- Social and Economic Justice
- Economic Policy, Trade and Development in Africa
- Science, Technology and Innovation (STI)
- Policy Design, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Gender and Policy Making in Africa
- Health Care and Health Policy in Africa
- Migration and Refugee Policy in Africa
- Resilience and Sustainable Cities in Africa
About the Award: The goal of the Guy Mhone Scholarship is promote open society ideals and societies in southern Africa by strengthening the capacity of emerging civil society leaders to understand, articulate and advocate for progressive, transformative policies the generation of knowledge, skills and attitudes in public policy responsive to the development and democratic-oriented challenges in Africa.
This scholarship also contributes to the development of a critical mass of policy makers motivated enough to design relevant and context specific policies responsive and accounting to the principles of good governance, transparency in a praxis-oriented environment.
Successful applicants will be contractually obligated to return to their place of work for an agreed period of time in order to give back to their community and organisation. Furthermore, during the period of study, students will be expected to contribute pieces of written work to the OSISA website as well as longer academic pieces for the Journal of Public Policy in Africa (JOPPA).
- Any candidate working in the field of policymaking and policy implementation is eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have attained a CGPA/GPA of 3.0 B grade or better.
- In addition, this scholarship is for candidates from the following SADC countries: Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Program: The Guy Mhone Scholarship includes the 1 return cheapest airfare travel expenses. Accommodation and meals during semester breaks are not covered.
How to Apply: Application for scholarship is a separate process from application for admission. For more information regarding graduate application please visit www.africau.edu website OR make inquiries at [email protected] .
Required application documents:
- Motivation Letter of about 300 words
- Certified Academic Certificates
- CV of not more than 2 pages
Award Provider: Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA), Africa University
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Canadian University to Study Medicine
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India
This One Skill Will Secure Your Future – And How To “Learn” It