Updated: Guide to Undergraduate scholarships in Nigeria for Nigerian university students in 2019. If you want to win current scholarships for Nigerian undergraduates in 2019, take advantage of these scholarships to be offered in 2019.…
If you are a brilliant student, studying any course in any accredited higher institution in Nigeria, without any sponsorship for the continuation of your studies, then the Total Scholarship program is for you.
The Total Scholarship program was established by the Oil and Gas exploration company, to give Nigerian students, a shot at academic fulfillment.
On this page, detailed answers to the following questions will be given;
- About the scholarship
- Available categories of the scholarship
- What it takes to be a Total Scholar
- Benefits of the Scholarship
- Eligibility criteria/academic requirements
- How to begin your application
About the Scholarship
Every year as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility, Total in collaboration with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, sponsors the higher education of Nigerian students in tertiary institutions across the country; this is done through its annual scholarship program.
Available Categories of the Scholarship
Presently, the Total Scholarship is only available for Undergraduate students to study any course in any Nigerian tertiary institution.
What does it take to be a Total Scholar?
To be a Total scholar, you must be a Nigerian student who has repeatedly demonstrated academic excellence, and you must be ready to use your knowledge to develop Nigeria.
Benefits of this Scholarship
Should you win this scholarship, then you will be entitled to N150,000 funding every year till your graduation.
This funding covers your tuition, books, and other expenses.
Eligibility Criteria/Academic Requirements
As an applicant, for your application to be considered, you must;
- Be a registered FULL-TIME undergraduate in an accredited Nigerian University
- Be a certified first or second-year student at the time of your application
- Show proof of SSCE or Equivalent Certificate.
- Show proof of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) score.
- Show proof of Admission letter from the University and Matriculation Number
- Show proof of A-level or Equivalent Certificate (for direct entry students)
It is also essential to know that;
- Students with less than 200 score in UTME need not apply
- Students with less than 2.50 CGPA of a 5-point scale, or equivalent
- 300 level students and above need not apply
- Current beneficiaries of similar awards from the oil industry need not apply.
How to Apply
You can start your application by visiting the scholarship website. The information provided below will serve as a guide when filling the application form
- Personal Information: Enter your name, date of birth, and permanent home address. Upload your recent passport photograph.
- Contact Information: Enter your email and mobile phone information. Only use an active email and mobile phone number.
- Origin: Enter your state and local government of origin data. You are required to upload a certificate or proof of origin from your local government or state.
- University Information: Select your university, course, and year of study. You will be required to upload your JAMB/University admission letter.
- Result Information: Input your JAMB score or CPGA. You are required to upload your JAMB statement of result and university CPGA. For year two medical students, your JAMB score suffices.
- Review Application: Review your application to ensure all fields have been entered correctly.
Required Documents for a Successful Application
To be considered for this scholarship, you need the following documents;
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Certificate or Proof of Origin
- Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (SSCE)
- UTME Result
- JAMB/University Admission Letter
- 1st Year Result showing CGPA
- All Scholarship awards are by merit selection after the intending beneficiary has presented himself/herself, sat for, and passed the selection tests at the designated centers across the Country
- The student verification exercise is carried out from time to time for students on the scheme.
- The payment of the award is strictly into the beneficiary’s bank account. The first payments shall be made within two months of the award, while the subsequent payments shall be upon receipt of the annual school result of the beneficiary.
- Changes in your course of study, and your University, isn’t entertained during the period of the scholarship. Any such change must be communicated in a written application and reviewed on its merit
- The Scholarship award is non-transferable and non-extendable. It is not a future Engagement Contract; neither is any student under any Bond with the Company during or after the period of the award.
- Even if your scholarship application is successful, it may be withdrawn if it is discovered that you have given false information while submitting your form.
The Total Scholarship Scheme has awarded over numerous Nigerian students since its inception, and so if you meet the criteria listed in this article, then, by all means, do apply.
Now open Total oil company scholarships for Nigerian and African students. Total/NNPC E&P Scholarships. Apply here
TotalEnergies Startupper of the Year Challenge 2021/2022: Are you a young entrepreneur? Do you have a project you believe in? Is it innovative and does it address a social or community challenge in your country or for your fellow citizens?…
TotalEnergies EP Nigeria Limited (TEPNL), in pursuance of its Corporate Social Responsibility, is pleased to announce the offer of its 2021/2022 NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship awards to deserving undergraduate Nigerian students in…
Total Upstream Nigeria Limited (TUPNI), in pursuance of its Corporate Social Responsibility, is pleased to announce the commencement of 2020/2021 NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship application. Application Deadline: 30th October…
Annually, Total, in partnership with NNPC and its corporate partners, select and sponsor young Nigerian scholars for Master’s Degree programs in Arts, Management Sciences, Social Sciences, Engineering and Geosciences (Oil & Gas…
Total Petroleum Ghana Limited is inviting qualified graduates to apply for the 2020 Young Graduate Program. Application Deadline: 28th February 2020. Eligible Countries: Ghana About the Award: Total Petroleum Ghana Limited is seeking to…
Total Upstream Companies of Nigeria operator of Total E&P Nigeria Limited (TEPNG), hereby announce the winners of the 2018/2019 National Merit Scholarship Award. Over the years, Total Upstream Companies of Nigeria has demonstrated a…
In a statement issued in Abuja on Tuesday by Mr Charles Ebereonwu, the Manager (External Communication) of Total, Total Plc. and the Embassy of France in Nigeria have initiated a joint scholarship scheme to sponsor the training of five…
Updated list of Universities Collection of Award Letter: All 2011/2012 Awardees of the Total E & P Tertiary Institutions Scholarship Awards Scheme that fall within the under listed Universities and these TEPNG Assets (OML 130; OML…
Total E & P Nigeria Limited (TEPNG) is a leading Oil and Gas exploration and production Company. The company is in a growth phase, and as part of its expansion activities, welcomes applications from suitably qualified Nigerians for…