The Rotary Foundation is a non-profit organization founded more than 100years ago. The aim of the foundation is to advance world understanding, goodwill and peace through the improvement of health, support of education as well as alleviation of poverty. In addition, the foundation has awarded many grants and scholarships during the fiscal year.
Scholarships by The Rotary Foundation
Rotary Foundation Global Scholarship Grants for Development
The Rotary Foundation offers a scholarship at graduate-level coursework or research between one to four academic years. The six target areas include peace and conflict prevention/resolution, disease prevention and treatment, water and sanitation, maternal and child health, basic education and literacy, as well as economic and community development.
The value of the scholarship includes $30,000 which covers passport, visa and travel expenses, tuition fee, school supplies, household supplies, room and board, language training courses (not if it is a compulsory requirement by the university admission criteria).
The eligibility requirements are contingent upon the requirements of the scholarship page of the Rotary club/district where you intend to apply. Furthermore, applications should be submitted three months before the scholar’s intended travel date to give room for review and processing. The application is submitted online. The local Rotary clubs should be contacted for further and specific details.
Rotary Foundation Graduate Programme for Study in the USA
The Rotary Foundation is glad to announce the application for the Rotary Foundation Graduate Programme. The aim of the scholarship is to help a student achieve his dream of becoming educationally sound and to obtain the skills necessary for his career development.
The scholarship is valued at $30,000.
- Applicants must be international students.
- The applicants must be enrolled at a university in the USA.
- The scholarship will be awarded in the area of Peace and Conflict Resolution/Prevention or in the area of Economic and Community Development.
- Applicants must meet the standard English language requirements for students whose first language is not English.
Rotary Foundation Scholarships for Master’s Studies
The scholarship is designed to achieve Water and Sanitation Profession, to promote long term productive relationship between Rotarians and highly skilled water sanitation professionals in their communities.
The Benefits of the Scholarship
The successful Rotary scholars will be sponsored by the Rotarians in their home countries, as well as have the opportunity to interact with Rotarians in Netherlands. Furthermore, scholars’ expertise will be put to work in improving water and sanitation conditions in their communities after graduation.
Students who are qualified for the scholarship must be admitted to one of the degree programmes at UNESCO-IHE (Joint programmes are not eligible).
The eligible programmes are:
- MSc in Urban Water and Sanitation
- MSc in Water Management
- MSc in Water Science and Engineering.
- Rotary Foundation Scholarships at Birmingham University
The scholarship is provided for both undergraduate and postgraduate studies in the areas of Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, and Social Sciences.
The Benefit of the Scholarship
The scholarship covers one to four academic years, depending on the university programme offered by the beneficiary.
The scholarships are open to students from any country, except Rotary members and their families. The applicant must be from the Rotary Club area.
Grants are for graduate students studying abroad in one of the six causes of Rotary Club, namely
- Promoting peace
- Fighting diseases
- Providing clean water, sanitation and hygiene.
- Saving mothers and children.
- Supporting education; and
- Growing local economies.
Rotary Foundation Grants
District grants fund small scale, short term activities that address the needs of the communities abroad. The activities to be funded are chosen by each district.
The District Grants Support
- Humanitarian projects which include service travel and disaster recovery effort.
- Scholarships for any area of study, level, time and location.
- Youth programmes, including Rotary Youth Exchange, Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA), Rotaract, and Interact.
- Vocational training teams comprising groups of professionals who travel abroad for learning and teaching.
Only qualified districts are eligible for the district grants.
Funding of the District Grants
One district grant is awarded annually from the 50% of the District Designated Funds. The full amount is not granted to applicants districts.
Rotary District 1145 Sports, MATCHING SPORTS GRANTS
Any Rotary Club within District 1145 that wishes to support a young sportsperson or sports group within the local area are invited to apply for the grant up to £250.
- Grants are awarded to both the able-bodied and disabled youths and groups.
- Applicants must be 18 years and below to qualify.
- Grants should be used to fund specialist equipment or kits and not for on-going training or travel expenses.
- Those who support the District 1145 Sports competition will be favoured first.
Note that not all applications will be considered.
Fellowships Masters Scholarships May Scholarships Scholarships in Australia Scholarships in Japan Scholarships in Sweden Scholarships in UK Scholarships in USA Short Courses & Training
Rotary International offers fully funded Rotary Peace Fellowship for Masters Degree and Professional Development Certificates for young professionals worldwide. Application ...
December Doctoral Scholarship Masters Scholarships PhD Scholarships Postgraduate scholarship Scholarships Scholarships in Asia Scholarships in Japan Undergraduate Scholarships
Rotary Yoneyama Foundation Undergraduate, Masters and PhD Scholarships 2023 for International Students
Rotary Clubs in Japan through the Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation is offering scholarships for overseas students to undertake undergraduate, masters ...