Monash Business School is committed to supporting women in advancing their professional careers. We are delighted to offer the MBA International Women’s Excellence Scholarship, which is awarded to encourage and support professional…
No doubt obtaining certification from a tertiary institution is a crucial ingredient in surviving in this modern age. Not only is it considered a notable achievement in today’s society but also a necessity for securing a white-collar or blue-collar job in both medium or large scale corporations.
Unfortunately, some corporate organizations favor Job applicants with academic degrees from notable institutions like Oxford, Cambridge, Stanford, Harvard and a few others. So simply obtaining an academic certificate from just any university might not be enough to guarantee your acceptance into the corporate sector.
So which university has enough prestige and reputation that you can attend without drilling a hole in your pocket due to its overwhelming standard of living and tuition fees? that would be “Monash University” in Melbourne, Australia.
In this article, you will learn about this university’s many notable attributes, including its courses, scholarship programs, tuition fees, and a few other noteworthy features.
About Monash University
Monash University is one of the few public universities founded in the late 1950s and is also referred to as the “2nd oldest university” in Australia. Over the past 50 years, the university has been successful in establishing a few active research institutes in other counties like Italy, India, and China, which in turn contributes to the university’s status and reputation.
The university majorly comprises of two campuses: the largest campus located at Clayton city, Melbourne, and the second-largest campus also known as “Caulfield campus”. These campuses are home to more than 46,000 undergraduate and 13,000 postgraduate students from various faculties including Law, Engineering, Arts, Health Science, and more.
The research institutes have done a few significant things to earn the school some major publicity. One of such notable deeds is the discovery of Relenza (Anti-influenza drug), the development of an anti-malaria drug, and the annual publishing of 3,000 research articles by its professors and Scholars.
The Monash University houses seven faculties within its campuses: Engineering, Law, Arts, Business, Economics, Health Sciences, and Information Technology.
The list below is an overview of all the courses available in these seven faculties:
· Master of Data Science
· Master of Information Technology
· Master of Management
· Master of Business
· Bachelor of Business
· Bachelor of Computer Science
· Master of Business Information Systems
· Master of Advanced Engineering
· Master of Accounting
· Bachelor of Business and Commerce
· Master of Business Economics
· Master of Networks and Security
· Bachelor of Laws(Honours)
· Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours)
· Executive Master of Business Administration
· Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours)
· Bachelor of Interior Architecture (Honours)
· Master of Nursing
· Bachelor of Architectural design
· Bachelor of Aerospace Engineering (Honours)
· Bachelor of Biomedical Science
· Bachelor of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering (Honours)
· Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering
· Bachelor of Information Technology
· Master of Biomedical and Health Science
· Bachelor of Information Technology and Systems
· Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce
· Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Bachelor of Biomedical Science
· Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Science
· Bachelor of Environmental Engineering (Honours)
· Bachelor of Mining Engineering (Honours)
Available Scholarships at Monash University
Monash International currently invites students who have received an offer to study at the university or are currently enrolled, to apply for the Monash International Merit Scholarship.
1. Level of education:
This scholarship is meant for students who seek to obtain an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the university.
Students from all countries around the globe are invited to participate in this scholarship program.
The qualified student will be awarded a $10,000 scholarship for a full-time study which will be paid till the end of his four-years course.
· Already admitted students must have achieved a minimum score of 85 WAM
· Applicants are required to submit a formal scholarship application statement (500 words)
· Applicants must have already been accepted to study a full course at Monash
· Admitted students must complete a minimum of 2 semesters before applying.
· Applicants whose primary language is not English are required to submit the results of a TOEFL or IELTS test from within the past two years.
Note: The TOEFL and IELTS are not applicable for students from French-speaking universities.
Please visit the Monash scholarship website for more information on the sponsorship program.
Unfortunately, this article cannot publish the tuition fees of all study courses due to the wide range of courses available at the university. You can enquire about this by visiting the university’s official website for more information.
Cost of living
The cost of living plus accommodation at Monash College is fair and affordable for both adults and students below 18. You can choose from the different housing options the school provides, including homestay, city campus student accommodation, Clayton campus student accommodation, renting & house sharing, and more.
In conclusion, though the Monash University isn’t as prestigious as Harvard or Oxford, its numerous features and reputation have earned it a seat on the list of the top 100 universities of the century.
So if you aim to attain an academic certificate from a reputable university, I can assure you that Monash University will supply you that and more.
International Water Center (IWC) and International River Foundation offers Master of Philosophy Scholarships in Integrated Water Management four leading Australian Universities Application Deadline: 1st August 2019. Eligible Countries: …
For all undergraduate courses except Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine, and Bachelor of Pharmacy. Application Deadlines: 4th August 2019 for October intake Eligible Countries: International To be taken at (country): …
Monash Business School is committed to supporting leaders from the world’s emerging and developing economies. We are delighted to offer the Dean’s Leadership in Emerging Economies Scholarship. Application Deadline: Ongoing Eligible…
Monash University campus in South Africa is providing opportunities for higher education to a cross-section of the continent and is offering scholarships and bursaries to achieve this aim. Application Deadline: 30th April 2019 Offered…
Add After School Africa to your Homescreen!
Recover your password.
A password will be e-mailed to you.