ABSA Group is now accepting applications into its one-year Graduate Internship Programme from dedicated African students in possession of a postgraduate degree. Application Deadline: Not specified. Eligible Countries: Botswana, Ghana,…
Barclays Africa, now Absa Group, is no longer just a South African brand, it now has its presence in 12 African countries and will soon open international offices in the UK and USA.
It is a bank which African people are proud of. With the emergence of Absa brand, the group will be able to build on the pedigree of the Absa brand as a strong and stable brand.
The bank offers a range of retail, business, corporate investment, wealth management solutions and ensures a positive impact in all the partnering countries.
Barclays African Scholarships
Barclays Art Competition for Young African Artists
Young visuals of between 21 and 40 are given the opportunity to develop their talent abroad. The twelve countries housing Absa group are to be randomly divided into three groups consisting of four countries each. However, the artists compete against each other within a group; it is not an inter-group competition. The winner at each group will become an ambassador of Absa group known as the Absa L’Atelier Ambassador.
The artist is required to submit one entry that comprises a portfolio of a minimum of four artworks and a maximum of five.
The Benefits of the Scholarship
· A one-month residency at the Cite Internationale des Arts in Paris.
· A two-month residency in South Africa.
· A weekly masterclass in art during their two-month stay in South Africa.
· A monthly stipend during these three months.
· Flights, travels and accommodation costs are taken care of by the scholarship.
· The ambassadors will take up their residency at the same time.
· They would work together towards a group exhibition consisting of both individual and collective artworks.
· There would be a documentation of the exhibitions in a printed catalogue.
· The Absa gallery will display the group exhibition in one year.
· Every contestant is open for the prize.
Requirements for the contest
· The criteria for the contest revolve around matters of technical execution, conceptual and thematic engagement, the freshness of artistic vision within the context of African contemporary art and aesthetic appeal.
· The artist’s CV and artworks are put into consideration for the award.
Visit the scholarship site to apply!
Absa Bursary Programmes
This is a partial funding international scholarship offered by the Absa Bank Limited for international students. It is open to only citizens of South Africa. The programmes covered are both bachelors and master’s degree.
Barclays African Rising Eagles Pan African Graduate Programme for Graduates across Africa
The scholarship aims at carefully selected and talented graduates from Africa to be financial leaders. The programme cuts across Business Banking, Human Resources and Financial Management.
· A postgraduate qualification in any discipline with the exception of Computer Science. They do not need any qualifications.
· Less than 24 months permanent work experience. Temporary work during full-time study is exempted.
Benefits of the Scholarship
· A structured development journey in the first year of employment.
· Permanent employment from day one.
· Vehicle and home finance at staff rates.
· Reduced banking fees.
· Exclusive access to rise.
· A dedicated and talented team to work with.
· A strong support network of alumni.
· Access to vast networking in Africa.
· The opportunity to be a change agent in Africa.
Barclays Tertiary Scholarships for Ghanaians
Barclays Bank, Ghana and the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) are offering Barclays Tertiary Scholarship Progarmmes to eligible undergraduate pursuant.
1. The scholarship is strictly for Ghanaian citizens who wish to study in UPSA.
2. Applicant must be a continuing student of UPSA.
3. Has a financial need.
4. Must add a statement intent (essay).
5. Must provide two referees.
6. Must open a Barclays Ignition Account into which funds will be disbursed.
Benefits of the scholarship include full tuition fees, registration fees, textbook costs, accommodation costs and a living allowance.
Internships in Barclays Africa
Barclays Summer Analyst
Summer internship programme requires interns to take on graduate-level responsibilities. You will work on live finance projects and learn the skills you will need for your next level.
Education Level: applicant must be in his/her penultimate year as an undergraduate.
Barclays Spring Analyst
This internship programme helps you to gain exposure to a wide range of business areas while acquiring some skills and building networks.
Education level: open to both graduates and undergraduates.
Applications have opened for the Barclays Accelerator programme, powered by Techstars, an initiative aimed at uncovering the next M-Pesa or Paypal by working with exceptional fintech entrepreneurs innovating Africa's financial services…