ABSA GenA Graduate Programme 2020 for Graduate Africans
ABSA Group is now accepting applications into its one-year Graduate Internship Programme from dedicated African students in possession of a postgraduate degree.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2020.
Eligible Countries: Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa, the Seychelles, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
About the Award: As Absa has evolved, so too has our Rising Eagles Graduate Programme, which is now proudly named the Gen A Grad Programme. This unique name captures a new generation of A+ achievers; those who are on their A-Game, who are proudly African. Those who are a perfect fit for Absa.
A new name for a new group of tomorrow’s leaders.
If you’d like to be part of Gen A; if you too have the vision of not just building your career, but also building your continent, we have a customised programme built for your talent and unique capabilities.
It’s time for a new generation of go-getters with exceptional IQ – and EQ – to collaborate with our continent’s smartest young minds, working with advanced technology, to change the game.
We invite you to apply for the Gen A Grad Programme, today!
- A postgraduate qualification (minimum NQF Level 8) obtained before January 2021 (with the exception of Computer Science, as these students do not need a postgraduate qualification)
- Less than 24 months’ permanent work experience (this excludes temporary work during full-time studies)
- You must be a citizen of the country you are applying, or have the necessary permits and documents to prove you’re eligible to work in that country (you will be required to upload these documents with your application)
Programmes related to professional qualifications:
- SAICA – final year students studying towards BCom Accounting Hons, CTA, GDA or equivalent
- CIMA – students currently completing studies that will propel them to the managerial level at the end of the year they apply (2019)
Gen A Grad Programme Across Africa
Our organisation recruits graduates from almost all of the countries we operate in.
We offer opportunities in the following countries: Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa, the Seychelles, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Programme:
- A structured development journey in the first year of employment
- Permanent employment at Absa from day one, with a competitive package
- Vehicle and home finance at staff rates
- Reduced banking fees
- Exclusive access to WorkInProgress*: our global innovation hub
- Bringing your solutions from the Human Quantum Computer to life
- A dedicated Young Talent Team to support you
- The opportunity to be a part of initiatives affecting real change in Africa
- A strong support network of alumni
- Access to a vast networking of opportunities in Africa
Duration of Programme: One year
How to Apply: To apply for this scholarship, candidates should decide which career path suits their ambitions, then apply online with full academic results/transcripts and CV.
1. Online application
Applications are screened to ensure they meet our minimum academic requirements. How you approach and answer the application questions will also play a role in our selection process.
2. First round interview
As a quick way to get to know you, interviews will be done over the phone or face-to-face.
3. Psychometric assessment
An online assessment will be sent to you to complete.
4. Assessment centre
Depending on the business area you have been shortlisted for, you’ll be invited for further assessments, which may include a variety of group exercises, role-plays, case studies and interviews.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Best Places To Study Abroad If…
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat