Barclays Africa Rising Eagles Internship Programme for African Graduates 2019
Barclays Africa is now accepting applications into its one-year Graduate Internship Programme from dedicated African students in possession of a postgraduate degree.
Application Deadline: 24th August 2018.
Offered annually? Yes
- South Africa
About the Award: Willing to do what it takes to be one of tomorrow’s leaders? Barclay’s Bank is offering African graduates the opportunity to fast-track the career of their dreams through the 2019 Barclays Rising Eagle Graduate Programme. Through the guidance and mentoring of industry experts, candidates will build the skills and experience necessary to become a true leader through a programme that spans almost every part of the Barclays business and provides opportunities throughout the continent.
Barclays Africa recruits graduates from each country in which it operates. Interested applicants will need to be citizens in the country where they are applying. If candidate is not a citizen of that country, then they will need to ensure they are eligible to work in that country, as well as obtain the necessary work permits and/or documentation to allow them to work in that country prior to applying to this programme.
- A postgraduate qualification (minimum NQF Level 8) in any of the disciplines that we recruit from, obtained before January 2019, with the exception of Computer Science as these students do not need a postgraduate qualificiation
- Less than 24 months’ permanent work experience (this excludes temporary work during full-time studies)
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Programme:
- A structured development journey in the first year of employment
- Permanent employment from day one, with a competitive package
- Vehicle and home finance at staff rates
- Reduced banking fees
- Exclusive access to Rise: our global innovation hub
- A dedicated Young Talent Team to support you
- The opportunity to be a part of initiatives affecting real change in Africa
- A strong support network of Alumni
- Access to vast networking opportunities in Africa
Duration of Programme: One year
How to Apply: To apply for this scholarship, candidates should decide which career path suits their ambitions, then apply online with full academic results/transcripts and CV.
1. Online application
Applications are screened to ensure they meet our minimum academic requirements. How you approach and answer the application questions will also play a role in our selection process.
2. First round interview
As a quick way to get to know you, interviews will be done over the phone or face-to-face.
3. Psychometric assessment
An online assessment will be sent to you to complete.
4. Assessment centre
Depending on the business area you have been shortlisted for, you’ll be invited for further assessments, which may include a variety of group exercises, role-plays, case studies and interviews.
Award Provider: Barclays Africa