All the Rwanda scholarships are made available to both local and international students to further their studies.
Scholarships around the World for Rwandan Citizens
Full Covered Swedish Institute Management Programme Africa
The Swedish Institute Management Programme invites citizens of Rwanda and some selected African countries who wish to be a part of the business network of emerging leaders.
Benefit of the Scholarship
The benefit includes training and content, accommodation, food, transport expenses, airfare to and fro Sweden, accident and health insurance coverage, and so on.
- The programme is open to Africans who wish to make sustainability an integral part of their business strategies.
- The scholarship is open to students from Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
- Applicants must be between 25 and 45 years.
Those who want to make a difference in the business world are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
ARES Grant for Master’s and Training Courses for Developing Countries in Belgium
Scholarships for master’s and training courses invite applicants from developing countries to pursue a one-year master’s degree programme within a higher institution in Wallonia – Brussels Federation, Belgium.
The programme is aimed at training microfinance professionals in accordance with the highest international standards.
Benefit of the Scholarship
The value of the scholarship includes tuition fees, travel costs, living expenses, indirect mission fees, arrival and return allowance, registration fees, and insurance fees.
- Applicant has earned a diploma from a Belgian university.
- Has a good mastery of French.
- Must be below 40 years.
Professional experience in a developing country is also considerable.
Scholarships in Rwanda Available to Rwandan Students
Aims – Carnegie Small Research Grants in Data Science, Rwanda
The Quantum Leap Africa Research Centre is glad to announce the Aims – Carnegie Small Research Grants in Data Science. The scholarship is open to all African PhD students who wish to further their research projects in the field of Data Science and related disciplines.
The value of the scholarship is $12,000.
- The scholarship is open to African students, irrespective of their country of residency.
- Applicants could be PhD students in Data Science who have made significant progress in their research.
- Applicants should be able to take up the grant within two months of receiving the scholarship letter.
- Proposed projects could be of a fundamental, applied or applicable terms.
- Applicants must be able to meet the standard English language requirements for the scholarship.
Research students are advised to give it a try.
University of Rwanda Postdoctoral Research Programme in Rwanda
The University of Rwanda, in collaboration with the Swedish University of Agricultural Science, is inviting applicants to take part in the Postdoctoral Research Programme in Rwanda. The programme is available to doctoral students who want to take part in research training under the ENTRUST in the described academic field.
Benefit of the Scholarship
The grant will provide an educational fund for the programme.
- The scholarship is open to Rwandan citizens only.
- The acceptable course of study include Gender and Rural Entrepreneurship, Gender, Rural Transformation and ICT, Farming, Food Consumption Patterns and Health.
- Applicants are required to hold a PhD degree certificate and a good grade in relevant fields.
All applicants are expected to provide a certificate of proficiency in English.
PIASS Scholarships for International Students in Rwanda
The Protestant Institute of Arts and Social Sciences (PIASS) in Rwanda offers a life transformative scholarship to all eligible candidates who are interested to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Peace -Building and Development.
The award covers tuition fees and medical expenses for three years for international students. The Rwandan applicants will receive 50% of the tuition fees a yearly registration fee of RWF 172500 per annum.
- Eligible countries include Rwanda and some selected African countries.
- Applicants must be below 35 years and aspiring to hold a bachelor’s degree in Peace Building and Development.
The scholarship is inspired by Christian ethics and values.
Other Educational Opportunities for Rwandan Citizens
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Programme
The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Programme helps to promote financial inclusion and advanced youth learning in Africa. The scholar partners include:
- McGill University University of Toronto
- The University of British Columbia.
- Ashesi University
- Earth University
- Duke University
- Michigan State University
- Stanford University
- Wellesley College
These universities require outstanding performance in the national examinations, preferably an ‘A’ in all subjects.
U.S Full Need Scholarship Universities
The schools are also known as the “need-blind schools” because they do not put into consideration the financial needs of their candidates in the admission process. The schools include:
- University of Chicago
- Vassar College
- Colby College
They provide a full scholarship to their candidates if admitted. However, candidates should be financially prepared for the scholarship because of the lower their financial needs, the harder it becomes to gain admission.
Universities with Partial Scholarships
- US International University, Nairobi, Kenya: approximately $7500 – $8000 per year.
- Ashesi University, Ghana: approximately $6000 per year.
- Oklahoma Christian University: between $17000 and $30000 per year.
- Winona State University, Minnesota: about $15000 per year.
- West Virginia University: between $15000 and $19000 per year.
- University of Arkansas, Little Rock: approximately $16000 – $17000 per year.
Please note that it is necessary to contact the university before accepting the partial scholarship so as to know the amount left to be contributed by your family.
Add After School Africa to your Homescreen!
Recover your password.
A password will be e-mailed to you.