The University of Rwanda (UR) through its African Center of Excellence in Data Science (ACE-DS) at College of Business and Economics (CBE) is offering Masters programs in Data Science with the following exit awards
Application Deadline: 31st July 2021
About the Award: The University of Rwanda (UR) through its African Center of Excellence in Data Science (ACE-DS) at College of Business and Economics (CBE) is offering Masters programs in Data Science with the following exit award:
- Master of Science in Data Science in Data mining,
- Master of Science in Data Science in Econometrics,
- Master of Science in Data Science in Biostatistics,
- Master of Science in Data Science in Demography,
- Master of Science in Data Science in Actuarial Science
Eligibility: To be admitted, interested candidates must have:
A minimum Second-Class Honors Upper Division Degree or Second-Class Honors, Lower Division Degree with experience of three years in data management and analysis in the discipline of mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science and other related disciplines from any recognized Institution.
Selection Criteria: Completeness and accuracy of required documents (see previous section)
To be Taken at (Country): Rwanda
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Award: There are 10 scholarship opportunities available in ACE-DS on a competitive basis (highest
marks) for eligible candidates.
Self-sponsored and candidates with sponsorship from employers or other organisations are encouraged.
Duration of Award: This program lasts for 24 months and requires full-time by coursework (courses will be
offered in a modular basis) and dissertation in day program
How to Apply: A cover letter indicating for which program of study the application is being made and description of the motivation to join the program
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV)
- Notarized Bachelor’s degrees and transcripts
- Recommendation letters from at least two academic referees who are knowledgeable
about the applicant.
- Support letter from employer (if any).
- Copies of valid identification card and/or passport.
- Sponsorship letter from an organization (if any).
- Applicants from countries where English is not the medium of instruction must
provide an English proficiency certificate from a relevant body or institution in their
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.