Coimbra Group Short-Term Scholarship Program 2021 for Young Researchers from European Neighbourhood (Fully-funded)
Coimbra Group Universities have been providing, since 1999, young researchers from the European Neighbourhood with the opportunity to spend a short stay at a Coimbra Group University to carry out part of their research work.
Application Deadline: 16th April 2021 midnight (Brussels time)
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Egypt, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Georgia, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, the Palestinian Authority, Serbia, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
To Be Taken At (Country): The following Coimbra Group Universities are participating in the 2021 edition of the Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme:
- Eötvös Loránd University (Hungary)
- University of Granada (Spain)
- Karl Franz University of Graz (Austria)
- University of Heidelberg (Germany)
- Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi (Romania)
- Jagiellonian University Krakow (Poland)
- KU Leuven (Belgium)
- University of Padova (Italy)
- University of Poitiers (France)
- University of Salamanca (Spain)
- University of Siena (Italy)
About the Award: Universities of the Coimbra Group offer short-term visits to young researchers from higher education institutions from countries in the European Neighbourhood. The main aim of this scholarship programme is to enable scholars to undertake research in which they are engaged in their home institution and to help them to establish academic and research contacts.
Eligibility: Applicants must fulfil all the following criteria:
- be born on or after 1 January 1986
- be nationals of and current residents in one of the above-listed countries
- be current academic staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution located in one of the above-listed countries and be of postdoctoral or equivalent status, although some institutions may offer opportunities to doctoral students
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Successful candidates will have access to excellent academic knowledge in quality facilities. The scholarships include financial support for tuition, living costs, airfares etc.
Duration of Program: The dates of your stay should be agreed upon between the applicant and the academic supervisor at the Coimbra Group University. Typically this will be during the academic year 2021/2022
How to Apply: APPLY HERE
It is important to go through the Application instructions on the Program Webpage (see Link below) before applying