Leading the Middle East Scholarships 2020 (Fully-funded for Young People to attend One Young World Conference in Munich, Germany)
Are you a young leader from the Middle East? You could attend the One Young World 2020 Summit in London from 14- 17 October via our flagship Scholarship.
Application Deadline: 8th April 2020, 5PM BST
Eligible Countries: See below
To be taken at (country): Munich, Germany
About the Award: The Middle East’s future is filled with profound uncertainty. The region is host to one of the largest populations of young people, with around 65% of its population under the age of 30. With several countries experiencing the turmoil of war, conflict and sanctions, the Fourth Industrial Revolution could provide a lifeline to this young, eager population. Given their sheer numbers, they have the ability to transform their regions, whether it be in governance, energy, infrastructure, medicine and beyond.
In the midst of these challenges and opportunities, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit.
Eligibility: You are eligible for the Leading the Middle East Scholarship sponsorship if:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
|Afghanistan||Bahrain||Iran, Islamic Republic of||Iraq|
|Oman||Palestinian Territories*||Qatar||Saudi Arabia|
|Syrian Arab Republic||United Arab Emirates||Yemen|
Selection Criteria: The strongest applicants will be shortlisted by the end of May. You will be contacted individually by a member of the One Young World team after if you have been shortlisted.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich, Germany.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 14 October and 17 October 2020.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit handouts and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Munich. Your flight to and from Munich must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Please note that if you are ultimately selected for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the Schengen region to attend the One Young World Summit 2020, you will be required to pay the visa fee yourself. The Schengen visa costs $90 USD plus the applicable service charge of your local visa application centre. The costs of the visa and the applicable service charge as well as any further costs associated with the visa application (including travel to and from the visa application centre) fall on you as the participant.
How to Apply: APPLY
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
How to Stop Being Broke - 9 Things to Do
Why Rwanda Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa
14 Things You Need To Know About Wealth across Africa