Leading the Middle East One Young World Scholarships 2023: Are you a young leader from The Middle East? You could attend the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast from 2 – 5 October via our flagship Scholarship.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2023
Eligible Countries: See below
To be taken at (country): Tokyo, Japan
About the Leading the Middle East One Young World Scholarships: The Middle East’s future is filled with profound uncertainty. The region is host to one of the largest populations of young people, with around 65% of its population under the age of 30. With several countries experiencing the turmoil of war, conflict and sanctions, the Fourth Industrial Revolution could provide a lifeline to this young, eager population. Given their sheer numbers, they have the ability to transform their regions, whether it be in governance, energy, infrastructure, medicine and beyond.
In the midst of these challenges and opportunities, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit.
Eligibility: You are eligible for the Leading the Middle East Scholarship sponsorship if:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
|Afghanistan||Bahrain||Iran, Islamic Republic of||Iraq|
|Oman||Palestinian Territories*||Qatar||Saudi Arabia|
|Syrian Arab Republic||United Arab Emirates||Yemen|
Selection Criteria: The strongest applicants will be shortlisted by the end of May. You will be contacted individually by a member of the One Young World team after if you have been shortlisted.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Leading the Middle East One Young World Scholarships:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast, UK.
- Hotel accommodation between 1 and 5 October 2023.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- The cost of travel to and from Belfast. Your flight to and from Belfast must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Please note that if you are ultimately selected for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the UK to attend the One Young World Summit 2023, you will be required to pay the visa fee yourself. The visa costs 100 GBP plus the applicable service charge of your local visa application centre. The costs of the visa and the applicable service charge as well as any further costs associated with the visa application (including travel to and from the visa application centre) fall on you as the participant.
How to Apply for Leading the Middle East One Young World Scholarships: Apply Now
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.