Looking for international scholarships for women from Africa and developing countries? In today’s article, we bring you a comprehensive list of scholarships for women. This category includes scholarships strictly offered to women. These…
Fellowships for Women
Below are fellowships for women and girls who are in need of support, grants or scholarship, you can apply for these International Fellowships.
International Fellowships for Women
- International Fellowships for Women and Girls
Applications are open for female students by the American Association of University Women. Women pursuing full-time graduate or postdoctoral courses in the U.S who are U.S citizens or permanent residents are encouraged to apply. The programme can also be taken in Australia.
The worth of the award is a total sum of $16,000.
- International women are eligible to apply.
- Courses offered by the university are eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants must be citizens of countries other than the U.S.
- Applicants must be holding an academic degree.
- The application must be for a full year of research or studies.
- CV/Resume, proof of previous degree, letter of admission, current enrollment, budgets, recommendations, and so on must be tendered.
- Applicants must meet the basic English requirements.
- OWSD Early Career Fellowship
The award is offered to women who have completed their PhDs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and are employed at an academic or scientific research institutes.
The benefit of the scholarship is an award up to $50,000.
- All applications must be submitted online.
- All applicants at the time of the application must not have an active research grant or fellowship with The World Academy of Science (TWAS).
- Some countries in Africa like Nigeria are not eligible because they are no longer considered as low income countries.
- Applicants must present a proof of being employed at the university or research institute.
- PhD must be awarded not more than ten years before the applications.
- Applicants must apply with the following: a passport, proof of residence, PhD certificate, proof of employment, CV, publications, two reference letters and a supporting statement of head of applicant’s institution.
- The official language for the application is English.
- Campbell Fellowships for Women from Developing Countries
The School for Advanced Research (SAR) announces the new Campbell Fellowship for Women Scholarship Practitioners from developing nations. This is made possible with a generous three-year grant from the SAR board foundation.
The benefits of the scholarship include: a stipend, housing and office space, travel, shipping and library resource funds, health insurance and the support of a mentoring committee of established scholar-practitioners.
- AAUW International Fellowships
The fellowships are awarded to women for full-time study or research in any field. The women should not be US citizens or residents. The fellowship supports study for one year in the US at the Master’s, PhD, or postdoctoral studies.
The benefits of the fellowships include: $18,000 for Master’s, $20,000 for Doctoral and $30,000 for Postdoctoral Fellowships.
- Faculty for the Future Fellowships
The fellowships are awarded to women from developing and emerging economies who are preparing for PhD or postdoctoral studies in the Physical Sciences, Engineering, or related disciplines to pursue advanced graduate study at top universities abroad. The programme was launched by the Schlumberger Foundation in 2004.
The benefits for the fellowships are in the ranges of $25,000 – $50,000 per year and is subject to renewal. The amount is dependent on the actual cost of the study and living expenses in the specific location.
- You must be a citizen of a developing country.
- Be prepared for PhD or postdoctoral study.
- Have a proven track of teaching experience.
- Hold an excellent academic record.
- Georgina Sweet Fellowship
This is a biennial fellowship offered by the trustees of AFUW Inc. Education Trust Fund to support women’s postgraduate degree study or research in any field at an Australian university.
- Applicant must hold a degree
- Be a financial member of a National Federation of University Women.
- Be accepted by the designated university.
- Fellowship for African Women
African Women in Agricultural Research and Development (AWARD) Fellowships
African agricultural women scientists from Nigeria, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia with PhD degrees, including those in postdoctoral positions and women scientists with MA/MSc/MPhil/BA/BSc degrees are invited for fellowships under the AWARD programme.
- African Girls Congress Fellowship Awards
Moremi Initiatives for Women’s Leadership in Africa announces the application for African Girls Congress – Nigerian Programme. The Girls Congress is an annual interactive initiative designed to prepare girls to take charge of their own lives and act as agents of positive change in their own country.
- To be eligible for the fellowship programme, you must be a Nigerian and resident in Nigeria, as well as, agree to participate in all the congress, including a two-week residential Summer Institute in Nigeria.
- Applicants must be between 13 and 18 years.
Top Organising Bodies for Women’s Fellowships
- The Forte Foundation
- Mariam K. Chamberlain Fellows.
- Graduate Women in Science
- Foundation for the History of Women in Medicine
- Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship
- Faculty for the Future Fellowships
- Amelia Earhart Fellowship
- Kip Tiernan Social Justice Fellowship
- Tory Burch Foundation
- Campbell Foundation
- Women’s Policy Institute
The LAWA Program helps defray the costs for women's rights attorneys from Africa who would not otherwise be able to afford a Master of Laws degree focusing on international women's human rights and the additional leadership training. …
WomEng Africa Innovation Fellowship 2022: Inviting all female African innovators with an early stage engineering innovation or startup to apply for Africa Innovation Fellowship. Application Deadline: 15th October 2021 About the Award:…
SCIENCE BY WOMEN Visiting Senior Research Fellowships 2021: The Women for Africa Foundation (FMxA), in line with its mission of contributing to the development of Africa through its women, is launching the 7th Edition of SCIENCE BY WOMEN…
The Zonta International offers Amelia Earhart PhD Research fellowship for women of any nationality in Aerospace-related Sciences and Aerospace-related Engineering at any University or College offering Accredited Degrees. Application…