There are so many scholarships and financial aids for women at all degree levels; undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels to help in facilitating their academic goals. There are so many organisations and institutions responsible for providing female scholarship, both domestically and internationally. Some of them will be listed below.
International Scholarships for Women
- Women in Business Equal Pay Scholarship at Nexford University, USA
Scholarships are offered to women who wish to study in the USA. The scholarship is funded by the Nexford University. Applications are available to women pursuing a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) or Master of Business Administrations (MBA).
The scholarship is partially funded and helps to reduce the tuition fee by 51%.
- be a woman.
- be applying for a BBA or MBA programme.
- meet the universities admission criteria.
- meet the English language requirements.
- L’Oreal-UNESCO for Women in Science Programme
The scholarship is awarded to women pursuing postdoctoral research in any UK or Irish university.
The befit of the scholarship is 15,000 Pounds each year to each beneficiary.
- The Future is Female Scholarship in the USA
The scholarship is provided by the Women at Werk Organisation for the female college students.
The benefits of the award are the sum of $500 and an opportunity to feature in an interview on the Women at Werk website.
- The applicant must be an American
- She must be enrolling with at least, 3.0 GPA.
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Women in Business Scholarships
Zonta International offers scholarships of $1000 each at the district level and twelve international scholarships in the amount of $5000 each, to women undertaking business studies at an accredited university or college.
- Applicants must be undertaking business or business-related courses and are living in Zonta region.
- Online students are also eligible to apply.
- She must be at least, in her second year as an undergraduate through the final year as a master’s programme.
- She must display an outstanding academic record.
- LBS Sloan Women’s Scholarship in the UK
The London Business School is glad to offer scholarships to women with leadership potential. It is available to all self-funding women pursuing a Master’s programme.
Benefit of the scholarship: an award up to 50% of the tuition fee will be offered to the candidate.
- All self-funding females, irrespective of nationalities.
- They must apply for a Master’s degree course.
- They must not be previous recipients of the award.
- Applicants should write an essay of not more than 500 words, stating how they would support the future success of the Sloan MSc programme.
- Must meet the school’s English language requirements.
- Soroptimist Live Your Dream Award for International Students in the UK
Soroptimist is a global volunteer organization that provides females access to education and training for economic empowerment. Undergraduates and vocational/skills training candidates are encouraged to apply.
The award of the scholarship is between $1000 – $16,000.
- Applicant must be a resident, but not a member, of any of the Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries.
- The scholarship is awarded to only the subjects offered in the university.
- The applicant must be a self-funded student.
- She must be an undergraduate or is enrolled in a vocational programme.
- Write an essay of about 750 words describing how the scholarship will benefit her.
- Provide two references.
- Women Techmaker Scholars Program
The scholarship s awarded to women in the field of Computer Science and Technology at undergraduate or graduate levels.
The benefits of the scholarship include about $10,000 to each applicant and an opportunity to attend Google’s retreats in their major regional offices.
Scholarships for African Women
- Angus SAWISE Scholarships for Women
The Association of South African Women in Science and Engineering (SAWISE) is offering scholarships to South African women in Science and Engineering.
Benefits of the scholarship: the scholarship is awarded for one year of tertiary study in any field of science and engineering. In addition, the successful applicant automatically becomes a member of SAWISE.
- Educational Grants for Female Students
The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund (MMMF) has awarded 134 educational grants to women from 57 developing countries, including Africa, who study in the US, Canada and South Africa.
The benefit of the scholarship: $4000 is awarded to each beneficiary who is 25 or above.
- Working to Advance African Women (WAAW) Foundation Scholarship
The foundation offers $500 per year for need-based African females admitted to a university or higher institution in Africa. It is renewable based on the academic performance of the recipient.
- Zawadi African Undergraduate Scholarships for Women
The scholarship is provided to under-privileged African women to study in the US and other parts of Africa.
Top Organising Bodies for Female Scholarships
- American Association of University Women
- The Schlumberger Foundation
- PEO International
- Margaret McNamara Education Grants
- Zonta International
- Google’s Women Techmakers Scholars Program
- L’Oreal-UNESCO for Women in Science Programme
- Greater Kansas City Community Foundation
Each year, the Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) offers undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerian female students in Nigerian universities on ...
Looking for international scholarships for women from Africa and developing countries? In today’s article, we bring you a comprehensive list ...
The Dorcas Muthoni PhD fellowship offered by the UPF in Spain, seeks doctoral applications from talented African female students. Application ...
April Masters Scholarships PhD Scholarships Scholarship for Women Scholarships in Europe Undergraduate Scholarships
Women for Africa Foundation opens applications for African women undergraduate and graduate students for scholarships at Spanish and Portuguese Universities ...