Nanyang Technological University funds the Nanyang President’s Graduate PhD Scholarship for International students at Singapore Application Deadline: 30th November 2021. Offered annually? Yes Accepted Subject…
Scholarship for International Students
How to get Scholarship for International Students
Like eligibility, there are no rules for the application of scholarships. While some scholarships only require the completion of an application form, others may require essays from the applicants, or for applicants to be actively pursuing studies in a certain field they wish to apply for. There are a variety of ways through which scholarships are being applied, ten (10) key steps to follow in order to successfully go about the application of a scholarship include:
- Begin the application process early: before applying to study outside the country the first advisable step to take, is the consideration of which country to study before applying. Enough time should be allocated towards focusing scholarship research on the country of choice to study, in order to not be left behind, gather required documents early and have enough knowledge on the institution of choice.
- Search within your country: most scholarships originate locally. There are often scholarships made available by the government and company scholarships in order to allow citizens study abroad.
- Required documents should be readily available: international scholarship programs often require applicants to meet certain scores in exams such as; TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, GMAT or GRE. Application to some institutions won’t be possible if the acceptable requirements for these exams aren’t met.
- Ensure eligibility: while there are no general rules regarding eligibility for scholarships. Each scholarship program boasts its own unique application requirements. Some scholarships require applicants to achieve a certain IELTS or TOEFL score, prove citizenship, and prove the attainment of a certain Grade Point Average. After the identification of a scholarship program, it is imperative applicants read through the guidelines of their institution of choice in order to ensure eligibility before application commences.
- Be in the process of seeking admission or already be admitted: the majority of scholarship awarding institutions require applicants must already be admitted in the educational system or be in the process of getting admitted in order to be considered for the scholarship. Scholarship applications are usually not considered until the offering of a conditional or unconditional admission at a university. Nonetheless, some scholarships require an application to be made for admission and scholarship concurrently.
- Ensure to be well versed with the wants of scholarship sponsors: There often selection criteria when applying for scholarships. Ensure to adequately research the scholarship, search for the mission statement of the organization, which often contains the “About Us” section on the institution’s website. Ensure understanding of the requirements being asked for in a scholarship awardee, before commencing application.
- Apply to all eligible scholarships available: A lot of scholarships unawarded each year. Due to factors like little funds. Scholarships that are not overly expensive are often less competitive, thus offering an advantage as there would be less competition for these scholarships.
- Be attentive to Guidelines and pay attention to details: A large majority of professions require complete focus when paying attention to details, institutions that offer scholarships use this as a determinant when considering the right applicant to award a scholarship. Preparations taken when applying for an application depicts how detail-oriented an applicant is.
- Be prompt during submission of an application: Some scholarship programs solely require applicants to complete an application form either online or offline. While others require specially written essays by applicants. Nevertheless, it is of utmost importance submission of application and required documents be made before the deadline.
Universities that Offer Scholarships to International Students
- The Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship: This scholarship provides an opportunity for applicants from select developing countries with no other source of financial help in the acquisition of their graduate studies. The scholarships offered are often 50 percent grant and 50 percent loan.
- The American Association of University Women: scholarships offered here are for fellowships for non-American women, seeking to earn a Master’s or doctorate in the United States of America. Priority is often given to women showing commitment towards the advancement of the female gender, the scholarship can be reapplied for every year of the program.
- The Civil Society Leadership Awards: scholarships being offered here are for students applying for a Master’s degree from specific countries dedicated to fostering social change.
- Conacyt: this is a scholarship awarding institution that provides scholarships for Mexican students who are pursuing post-graduate studies in institutions abroad.
- Foreign Fulbright Student Program: this institution offers scholarships for graduate students applying from around the world to study in the United States of America.
- The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program: This scholarship provides comprehensive financial coverage, which includes tuition, a monthly stipend, health insurance, and travel allowance, to applicants from developing countries who have been beneficial towards their home country’s development, application for this scholarship a development-related Master’s program is recommended.
- MPOWER Financing: this institution offers scholarships for international and DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) students. The institutions Global Citizen Scholarship Program has a broad eligibility criterion, while the scholarship is also being offered to applicants throughout the duration of the year, niche scholarships are also made available.
Finally, Nothing should deter a student from achieving their goal and with our scholarship programme we strive to support the worthy students pursue a bright career. As always, there may also be additional funding options by different colleges and other international organizations. Search online for more resources and check the websites of institutions you’re involved in for updates on foreign scholarships and support.
Africans are known to leave their cities to seek higher education abroad. The QS survey rates Lagos, Accra, Addis Ababa and Nairobi to be the top cities in Africa where youths typically leave from to go for study abroad. So where do…
The Dalarna University International Student Scholarships is providing scholarship opportunities to outstanding students. Application Deadline: 25th March 2021 Eligible Countries: International To be taken at (country): Sweden Type(s):…
The Australian Government, Universities and organizations offer a variety of Australian scholarships for international students. These scholarships are for Undergraduate or Postgraduate research/taught courses, vocational education or …
The Humphrey Fellowship Program provides mid-career professionals from designated countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Caribbean, the Middle East, Europe and Eurasia with an opportunity to enhance their professional capabilities…