The Google Africa PhD Fellowship program for 2021 is now open! Application Deadline: 21st April 2021 by 11:59:59pm UTC−12:00 Eligible Countries: African countries About the Award: Nurturing and maintaining strong…
Google scholarship cut across different fields and regions. The aim is to help individuals actualize their dreams in different fields, especially, computing and technology. As part of Google’s ongoing commitment to advancing computing and technology, different scholarships are provided to help selected students to excel in their studies and become leaders in their fields, as well as, communities.
Some of the scholarships include Generation Google Scholarship, Google Europe Students with Disabilities, Women Techmakers Scholarship, Google Lime Scholarships, Google Student Veteran America Scholarship and Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship.
How do I become a Google scholar?
To become a Google scholar, you must be at least, 18 years old and you must have an interest in computer science, engineering and technology. Google scholarship would grant you tuition money and an access to an educational community where you would collaborate and network with like-minded individuals.
Lists of available Google Scholarships
- Google Lime Scholarship
The Google Lime Scholarship is a scholarship partnered by Google and Lime Connect, a non-profit organisation that supports students with disabilities, while they pursue their education. This scholarship aims at helping them to work towards their academic goals in the field of Computer Science.
Selected students will receive the sum of $10,000 (for US students) and $5000 (for Canada students). In addition, the candidate will be invited to the Google’s Scholar Retreat in the Summer.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have a disability challenge.
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student or is planning to enroll as a student in the US or Canada in the next session.
- Be pursuing a degree in Computer Science
- Maintain a strong academic performance.
With the scholarship, the disabled are given the opportunity to obtain a degree in computer science.
- Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship
If you are passionate about the field of Computer Science and Engineering, or already using Computer Science to develop solutions for some challenges and opportunities, then, you are invited to apply for the above-named scholarship.
Benefit of the Award
- The selected students will receive an award of $750 towards tuition and educational expenses.
- He/she will be invited to visit the YouTube headquarters in California, US.
- An opportunity to submit a proposal and receive a funding of up to $225 to spend on growing Computer Science in the locality.
- Aspire to be a computer scientist and technologist.
- Assist those around them to excel in the field of computer science and technology.
- Have faced adversity and overcome it to continue learning and growing in the field of computer.
- Help their friends and family use the computer.
- Transform systems by leveraging the field of computer.
The scholarship is open to students from India, an opportunity to make the world a more sustainable place.
- Women Techmakers Scholarship Programmes
Through the Women Techmakers Scholarship Programmes (formerly, the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Programme), Google is closing the gender gap by providing scholarships to some women in the tech industry.
The community provides scholarships, retreats, and online community for the members as part of encouraging women’s network and collaboration.
The scholarship is in different categories, namely:
- Women Techmakers Scholarships for Computer Science.
- Women Techmakers Scholarships for gaming, in Partnership with Stadia, Google’s all-new gaming Platform.
- Women Techmakers Irish University Scholarship.
- be citizens of North America, the Middle East, Europe, Asia Pacific and Africa.
- Present a resume, personal information, current academic transcript records, and
- Respond to three short answers question.
- Women who study in the US will receive an award of $10,000 and 5000CAD are offered to those in Canada.
- Women from Europe, the Middle East and Africa will be awarded the sum of €7000.
With Google Women Techmaker Scholarship, gender equality is created.
- Google Europe Students with Disabilities Scholarship
Google has partnered with EmployAbility to assist students with disabilities who are interested in the field of computer science for educational pursuit and advancement.
- Be university students studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics or a closely related course or planned to become one.
- Must be enrolled or planned to be enrolled in Europe or Israel.
- Maintain a strong academic record.
Students with disabilities are assisted in obtaining a promising career in computer science.
- Google Conference and Travel Scholarships
Google is excited to offer Google Conference and Travel Scholarships for selected conferences in the tech industry.
Benefits of the conference
Different monetary awards are presented to individuals from different regions towards travel, airfare, accommodation and so on. The benefits include:
- Europe: up to €1000.
- North America: up to $1000.
- Africa: between $1000 and $3000.
- India: between $1000 and $3000.
- Japan and South Korea: up to $3000.
- Google’s Computer Science Summer Institute (CSSI)
This is a scholarship programme where the scholars begin the programme with a three-week introduction to computer science for high school senior students passionate about technology.
Scholar must be
- A senior high school student who has the intention to enroll in a full-time bachelor programme at the US or Canada.
- Must be interested in computer science, software engineering and computer engineering or related courses.
- Must be able to attend everyday CSSI programme.
There are no age restrictions or any prior experience for the application.
The Google Africa PhD Fellowship program for 2020 is now open! Application Deadline: 15th April 2020 Eligible Countries: African countries About the Award: Nurturing and maintaining strong relations with the academic community is a top…
Applications are invited for the 12-month Google AI Residency Program 2020. Application Deadline: 19th December 2019 The Google AI Residency Program will have 3 start dates over the course of 5 months, from June to October 2019. Exact…
Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Programme - formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Programme - Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the field of computer science by encouraging women…
Google is offering up to $150,000 for the Faculty research Awards in Computer Science, Engineering and related fields to academic institutions worldwide pursuing innovative research in these areas. Application Deadline: 30th September 2019…