University of London International Programme Law Scholarship by Distance learning for Ugandan Undergraduate students 2011-2012The University of London will be awarding scholarships for 2011/2012 academic year to up to five outstanding…
Distance Learning Scholarship
Distance learning scholarship is a scholarship that enables you to want to study anywhere or in your own country and at the same time want the benefit of international education. This type of study is cheaper because it is an online study.
Distance Learning Scholarship for International Students
There are several distance learning universities as mentioned below.
- University of the People Online Tuition Free Degrees
- University of the People
- Edinburgh Global Online Distance Learning Scholarships
- University of Edinburgh Masters (MS) Degree
Richard Davidson Award-PG Certificate in Global Food Security and Nutrition (online)
Edinburgh Surgery Online: Patient Safety and Clinical Human Factors
The Glenmore Medical Online Postgraduate Scholarship
The Garden Scholarship in Surgical Sciences
The Lt Col Jack Wishart Scholarship
The Sanders Scholarship in Clinical Ophthalmology
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries
- DFID/UK Universities Online master’s degree
- Prince Albert of Monaco II Foundation Climate Change Masters Scholarships
- University of Edinburgh Masters (MS) Degree
- UNESCO Master Scholarships for Foreign Students UNESCO Master Scholarships for International Students
- Foundation Hoffman Scholarship at University of the People
- University of the People Associate Degree
- Canon Collins Distance Learning MBA Scholarships for Africans
- Canon Collins Trust Masters (MS) Degree
- The HP Women’s Scholarship Fund at the University of the People
- Flinders University
- Flinders University International Go Beyond Scholarships in Australia
- Brentwood Open Learning College in UK
- BOLC Distance Learning Scholarships
- Western Union Scholarship Fund at the University of the People
- University of the People
- Microsoft4Afrika Scholarship at UoPeople
- Le Cordon Bleu
Culinary Arts and Business Degree Scholarships for International Students
- JACK & JONES funding for International Students
- Oxford Home Study Centre
Oxford Home Study College Distance Learning Scholarships
- University of Sydney
University of Sydney Business School Dean’s Excellence Executive MBA Scholarship
University of Sydney Business School Excellence in Leadership funding for International Students
Full Distance Learning Scholarships for East and South African Students at London South Bank University
- London South Bank University
Online Masters (MS) Degree
- Khan Academy
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are for candidates from least developed, low and lower middle-income Commonwealth countries, for part-time master’s study by distance learning on selected courses offered by UK universities. These scholarships are funded by the UK Department of International Development. Its purpose is to contribute to the development needs of Commonwealth countries by providing training for skilled and qualified professionals in key development areas.
Its eligible countries include; Bangladesh, Cameroon, Eswatini, Ghana, Guyana’ India, Kenya’ Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, The Gambia, Tuvalu, Uganda
Vanuatu, Zambia. Commonwealth scholarship covers the following;
The scholarship covers all elements of the award including Course tuition fees
- Grant to contribute to study-related costs
- Partnership development costs
- Any UK residential programmes
Return travel from the Scholar’s home country to the UK location
Cost of UK visa
- Maintenance stipend of £1,084 per month (£1,339 for Scholars in London), to be paid for the full duration of the UK residential. These amounts are set by the UK government for all students on government-funded scholarships and increase annually.
The eligibility Criteria
- Quality of the course, the quality assurance record, and the track record for delivery of the course through distance learning. Applications are strengthened by copies of any independent/external reports of the programme undertaken in recent years.
- Learning opportunities provided for students in developing countries, including whether the course takes into account appropriate use of technology, whether course providers can identify a target audience of potential applicants and recruit them successfully, and the factors likely to affect candidates’ successful completion of their studies.
- Development impact of the course of study, including how the course content can be applied to the specified theme, DFID priority areas, the Sustainable Development Goals, and the subsequent career patterns of course alumni.
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in a low middle-income Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases.
- Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship.
Benefits of Distance Learning Scholarship
- If you desire to access your education simultaneously with your jobs or other tasks, distance education is for you.
- It also provides you with the benefit of international learning by residing in your home country
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships provide full tuition fees and all other compulsory costs of studying a UK Master’s programme by distance learning. This includes the full cost of any residential components of a course.
- It saves time and money.
- It doesn’t matter where you live, you can gain your degree from anywhere in the world.
Apply for Distance Learning scholarships offered for international students from African and developing countries by top universities abroad.
The Lady Judge Distance learning scholarship is available for one South African woman towards the costs of studying Masters (MSc) degree on one of the Centre for Development, Environment and Policy (CeDEP) distance learning programmes at…
Since 2002, the Commission has offered Scholarships by distance learning as part of the commitment of the Commission and the Department for International Development’s (DFID) commitment to explore new methods of scholarship delivery.…
The University of Edinburgh will offer one Master's scholarship for the MSc in Surgical Sciences distance learning Master's programme offered by the University under the Garden Scholarship in Surgical Sciences.Scholarship WorthThe…
I've written a review of University of The People-- The First Online Tuition Free University-- earlier on AfterSchoolAfrica.com but I think it deserves to be talked about even more. I'm one of the over 60,000 FANs on UoPeople Facebook page.…
University of the People waives all fees for applicants and students who wish to study at the online University by Distance Learning, but reserves the right to change this policy in subsequent terms. University of the People is a…
The IWC Water Leader Scholarships offer full and partial tuition scholarships for Australian citizens, permanent residents and international applicants for the Master's in Integrated Water Management program.Water Leader Scholarships 2012…
INSIGHTThe University of Edinburgh offers the Global Health Academy Master's Scholarships for the year 2010/11 to International Postgraduate Candidates to study in UK. Two(2) residential full-time Master's scholarships and three(3) Master's…
Add After School Africa to your Homescreen!
Recover your password.
A password will be e-mailed to you.