LSHTM Commonwealth Distance Learning Masters Scholarships for Developing Countries 2018/2019
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is delighted to offer 10 new scholarships to study a master’s degree by distance learning.
Application Deadline: 20th June 2018 23.59 (BST)
Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, Cameroon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guyana, India, Kenya, Kiribat, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia.
About the Award: Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those unable to study in the UK for financial and other reasons.
Fields of Study:
- MSc Clinical Trials (distance learning)
- MSc Demography & Health (distance learning)
- MSc Epidemiology (distance learning)
- MSc Infectious Diseases (distance learning)
Eligibility: To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard; a lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases
- Be unable to afford to study your chosen course without this scholarship
- Hold an offer of admission to one of the eligible programmes before the deadline of 20 June 2018.
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Award: Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships provide full tuition fees and all other compulsory costs of studying a UK Master’s course by distance learning. This includes the full cost of any residential components of a course.
How to Apply: To apply for this funding, applicants must:
2) Submit a complete application to the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission using the CSC’s application system (click here)
Award Providers: UK Department for International Development (DFID)