Multilateral Dialogue KAS and Atomic Reporters: A Neglected Story The Legacy of Splitting the Atom Essay call for applications. Application Deadline: 31st August 2021 About The Legacy of Splitting the Atom Essay Contest: …
African students essay
About African students’ essay
When writing an essay competition, the unique key is to make your own essay exclusive to you alone, let the response resound from your innermost part. What makes essays to stand out is the individuality of each writing. That is what the judge is more interested in.
Top Essay Competitions in Africa
- International Competition Network (ICN)/World Bank Group Competition Advocacy Contest
The above groups are pleased to announce the launch of the 2019/2020 Competition Advocacy Contest. The aim of the contest is to highlight the key role competition agencies, sectors, regulators and other governmental or non-governmental bodies play in promoting competitions by showcasing their success stories. The themes of the contest are stated below:
- Unleashing competition for more or better jobs.
- Aligning industrial policies with competition principles.
- Promoting pro-competition data regulations.
- Boosting policy effectiveness through better coordination between enforcement and advocacy.
Winning applicants will be invited to present their stories at a joint ICN-World Bank Group Publication.
- The Royal Commonwealth Society (RCS) 2020 Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition for Young Writers from Commonwealth Nations
For the competition, there two different categories involved: the junior category (under 14 years) and the senior category (between 14 and 18 years). The topics for the competition vary each year and so, interested contestants should be on the lookout for the topics. The deadline is usually 30th June of each year for the following year’s competition.
- The competition is open to all nationals of Commonwealth countries, including residents of Maldives and Zimbabwe. Residents of Non-Commonwealth whose entries are submitted through their local RCS branches are also eligible.
- The maximum word-count is 1,500 for senior category and 750 for junior category.
- Entries must be written in English.
- The African Tax Administration Forum (ATAF)
ATAF is pleased to announce its annual essay competition. The essay competition is designed to encourage young African researchers, academics and tax officials to identify problems or challenges faced by African tax administrations and propose innovative solutions.
- The competition is open to all African researchers, tax officials, academics and tax practitioners aged 40 or less. More consideration will be given to women.
- The length of the essay should not exceed 1000 words and it must be written in English.
The first prize is $1,500; second prize, $1000; third prize is $750, including some benefits attached to each prize. There are other consolation prizes to the best 10 contestants and all the participants as a whole.
Visit the official website for more information.
- The Wellcome Sanger Institute Prize Competition for Undergraduate Students from Low and Middle Income Countries (fully funded)
The application deadline is December 6, 2019.
The aim of the competition is to give undergraduates from low and middle-income countries the opportunity to experience the very cutting edge of genomic research.
- Be a low or middle income countries.
- Be studying a relevant undergraduate course at a university or institute in that country.
- Be above eighteen.
- Demonstrate an active interest in research in the genomics field.
- Have a good command of English.
Benefits of the competition
The winner will be offered a three-month internship with a research group at the Wellcome Sanger Institute. The award covers travel, living and research expenses.
- Africa Organization for Standardization (ARSO) Seventh Continental Essay Competition
The competition aims at three categories of winners: the national, regional and continental winners. The National Standard Bodies (NSBs) in Africa would organize the competition at the national level, then send the relevant documents to the universities receiving the essay competition.
- The competition is open to all citizens of Africa under the age of 35.
- The length of the essay competition is between 1000 and 1200 words.
- The essay must be written in English or French.
- Authors should describe themselves in about 50 words, including their name, course and year of study, town, and country of their university. This is separate from the essay words.
The benefit of the competition
At the regional level
First prize: $500
Second prize: $300
Third prize: $200
At continental levels
First prize: $1000
Second prize: $800
Third prize: $500.
A fully funded trip to Kampala in Uganda for the next ARSO General Assembly Events will be awarded to first winner.
Below is a list of essays to apply to.
African citizens between the age of 18-25 are invited to submit an essay for this year’s Leadership Essay Contest organised by the Institute of African Leadership for Sustainable Development (UONGOZI Institute). Application Deadline: 10th…
Now in its sixth year, the Tana Forum annual essay competition is aimed at obtaining views from the youth on various peace and security challenges faced across the continent. Application Deadline: 31st January 2020 11:59 pm EST. Eligible…
Rwanda Standards Board (RSB) in collaboration with Africa Organization for Standardization (ARSO) is organizing the 7th Continental Essay Competition 2019/2020 with the effort to ensure that youth are enlightened and their standard culture…
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work in a diplomatic mission and how an EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Uganda? Application Deadline: 15th June 2019…