The Goi Peace Foundation and UNESCO are offering International Essay Contest for young people around the world. Application Deadline: 15th June, 2020 Offered Annually: Yes About the Award: This annual essay contest is organized in an…
international essay competition
Essay competition is a writing contest open to all writers to showcase their creativity in different categories.
The international essay competition is organized in an effort to harness the energy, creativity, and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development.
Top International Essay Competitions
- International Gio Peace/UNESCO Essay Contest for Young People
The competition is a free competition open for young writers under the age of 25. Everyone all over the world is free to enter for the contest.
- There are no geographical restrictions for the competition.
- The entrants must be within the specified ages: group A (children under age 14) and group B (youths between 15 and 25 years).
- Essays must not exceed the word limit of 700.
- Essay must be written by one person and not a joint effort.
- Essay must be 100% unique to be eligible for consideration.
- The languages to be considered for the essay writing are English, German, French or Spanish.
- The Fountain Essay Contests
Entries are accepted from all and sundry for submission to the Fountain Essay Competition. Interested essayists should ensure uniqueness and richness of the content for chances to win the prize.
- Essay must be between 1,500 and 2,500 words.
- Writers from all over the world are invited to submit their entries.
- Entries must be made before the deadline.
Literary effectiveness is very important to stand a chance to win.
- Pensters Writing Contest
Entries are accepted for the Pensters Writing Contest open to all student writers. This is to encourage them and give them a great leg-up in their studies.
- Essay must be between 500 to 700 words.
- Entry is open to students of all nationalities and ages.
- Any point of view is acceptable, as long as it is backed up with credible evidence.
- World Bank #Blog4Dev Essay Competition 2020
World Bank #Blog4Dev Essay Competition is open for all African youths. This is to give them an opportunity to address some of the challenges faced by Africans, while stating the solutions to such challenges.
Benefits of the Competition
- 1st and 2nd entries will receive an IPAD, cash prizes and a four-week attachment at the World Bank Ghana office.
- The 3rd entry will receive a cash prize and a four-week attachment at the Ghana office.
- 4th and 5th entries will receive a cash prize.
- All top five entries will be published online and promoted on all World Bank social media.
- Entrants must be African citizens.
- The age requirement is between 18 and 28 years.
- Essay must contain 500 words written in English.
For a better chance of winning, essays must be original and have potential impacts on development and jobs.
- IAEA 2020 Essay Competition for Early Career Professionals
Students and young professionals interested in writing about nuclear power are invited to apply for the IAEA Essay Competition on Nuclear Security for students and early career professionals. Any nuclear related topic is acceptable for the competition.
Each of the three finalists will be awarded a cash prize of €2000, plus other interesting benefits.
- Entrants must be citizens of any nationality.
- They must be under the age of 35.
- Essay must be written in Arabic, English, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish.
- Essay must be up to 1000 words.
Women and authors from developing countries are encouraged to apply.
- BrainReference Student Essay Scholarship
BrainReference is offering student essay scholarship to help in changing lives through education. The aim of the competition is to inspire students to work towards a future in which brain-related problems can be controlled.
The award of the scholarship is a $15,000 fund for study. Also, three additional winning students will be given $500 each.
- Applicants must be enrolled in in the US accredited post-secondary institution of higher learning.
- Students must be 15 years and above.
- Students must be in respectable educational standing with the current institution.
- Essay must be between 1,500 – 2000 words.
Application deadline for the competition is December 2020.
- The Bellhops $10,000 “Moving Forward” Scholarship Contest
The contest is available to all college students all over the world who are enrolled or planning to enroll in any college or university.
The award of the contest is $10,000 given to the first winner.
- Application is accepted from students of all nationalities.
- Applicants must be international students.
- Applicants must present an acceptance letter from the university or college.
- Applicants must not be below 16 years.
Only one applicant is selected each year.
- St Gallen Symposium Global Essay 2020
Entries are accepted for the St Gallen Symposium Global Essay Competition. Entrants stand a chance to participate as a Leader of Tomorrow in the world’s premier opportunity for intergenerational debates.
The value of CHF 20,000 will be split among the winners.
In conclusion, the international essay competition aims to inspire society to learn from young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
To commemorate World Braille Day, the Commonwealth Youth Council launches “Unseen & Unspoken.” This is a segment of creative expression of the #iamABLE campaign through the art of poetry. Application Deadline: 31st May 2017 at 1700…
"In the context of this current moment in history, The 2016 Fountain Essay Contest invites you to consider the issues facing today’s immigrants. Are you an immigrant, too? Were your parents or grandparents immigrants? Are we all immigrants…
The Global Energy Essay Contest provides an exciting opportunity for college and university students around the world to engage in critical thinking and present their ideas and solutions to tackle the key energy issues that humanity…
2012 International Energy Essay Contest for Students from around the world- "Sustainable Energy for All - Vision, Reality and Solutions." World Energy Forum is pleased to announce the 2012 International Energy Essay Contest for . As a…
What kind of future do you wish to create for yourself and the world? The Goi Peace Foundation UNESCO International Essay Contest for Young People offers you the opportunity to share your dream and ideas for making it a reality. Plus monies…
Oakseed Ministries International announces its seventh annual essay contest for youths on the topic: Compassion and the Illiterate Child. Submission Deadline 2 May 2011 Choose one topic and write an essay exploring the specific area on…
Add After School Africa to your Homescreen!
Recover your password.
A password will be e-mailed to you.