EU Delegation to Uganda Funded Traineeship 2019 for Young Ugandan Graduates
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work in a diplomatic mission and how an EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Uganda?
Application Deadline: 15th June 2019
Eligible Countries: Uganda
- Very good command of spoken and written English;
- Highly motivated, willing to learn and able to work both in a multi-cultural team and to carry out tasks independently;
- Able to demonstrate strong sense of initiative, research, writing and analysis skills;
- Skilled in using Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proven interest for EU affairs and international relations.
Additional requirements that would be an asset:
- Completed or ongoing master studies in international relations or related field;
- Experience in Ugandan parliamentary affairs;
- Knowledge of Uganda’s institutional system and political landscape;
- Experience in analysis of economic and sociological data;
- Experience in working in a team and in coordinating inputs from various colleagues;
- Proven networking skills.
Specific merits in terms of academic performance and in terms of language skills are considered a great advantage.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- A traineeship of 6 months, within the Political, Press & Information Section of the EU Delegation to Uganda, starting in September 2019.
- The trainee will be fully involved in the activities of the Delegation, with direct exposure to the EU activities in Uganda, and will be provided with a unique occasion to understand the work of an EU Delegation in a third country.
- The traineeship in the Political, Press and Information (PPI) Section offers opportunities for high-level contacts with the Ugandan authorities, European counterparts and EU Member States. Discretion in handling these contacts and possibly sensitive information is essential and the selected candidate will be requested to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Duration of Award: 6 months
How to Apply:
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address: Delegationfirstname.lastname@example.org
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – PPI Section.