UONGOZI Leadership Essay Contest 2020 for African Students (USD$2000 Prize Money)
African citizens between the age of 18-25 are invited to submit an essay for this year’s Leadership Essay Contest organised by the Institute of African Leadership for Sustainable Development (UONGOZI Institute).
Application Deadline: 10th July 2020 at 17:00 hours (EAT).
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Online
About the Award: UONGOZI Institute is pleased to announce this year’s Leadership Essay Competition, the eighth since inception (2013). Similar to previous years, this year’s topic aims to solicit thoughts on the theme of the African Leadership Forum (ALF). The essays should respond to the following question:
If you were an African leader, how would you promote African intra-trade to unlock agricultural potential in the Continent?
- All essays must be typed.
- The essays should be no more than 2 A4 pages long.
- The format shall be of single spaced, Arial font size 11 with page margins of 1 inch (2.54cm) for each margin, and sent as a Microsoft Word document.
- Essays will be judged on the basis of originality, creativity, use of language and appropirateness to contest theme.
- All essays must be written in English.
- Applicants must be African citizens between the age of 18-25 currently residing in Africa.
Number of Awards: 5. A total of five winners will be selected.
Value of Program: A grand prize of USD $2,000 will be awarded to the overall winner. Up to five winners will be selected.
The winners will receive their awards at a prize-giving event, which will be held online during the ALF in July 2020. The ceremony will be attended by former African Heads of State and other distinguished leaders from the public sector, private sector, academia and civil society. The overall winner will be asked to read the winning essay at the event.
How to Apply:
- Essays should be submitted by email to: [email protected]
- Applicants must also submit a written Statement of Originality and ownership of intellectual property rights.
- The final deadline for submission will be Friday, 10 July, 2020 at 17:00 hours (EAT). The winners will be notified via email on the third week of July, 2020. Feedback will not be provided on individual essays.