Start a Business
Starting a new business can be quite challenging but when the right methods are imputed, you will get the desired results. In this article, we have tried to establish some basic steps needed to start small-scale businesses and how to go about them.
Steps to Start a Small Business
- Get a Business Idea: when starting a new business, the first thing to do is generating a good business idea because this serves as the basis for the dwell of the business. Come up with ideas of business that will satisfy and meet the needs of your intended customers.
- Understand the Market: after creating your business idea and planning it out, the next step is understanding of the fundamental metrics of its market. Go round and ask questions about your intended business, who are going to be your competitors and customers.
- Location of the Business: the location of the business would also determine how the business would thrive.
- Get Your start-up Capital: finance is very important when venturing into a new business therefore it is good to source for your business funds either by taking a loan or getting help from close relatives and investors.
- Register your Business name: it is very good to register one’s business name so as not to get other people claiming it when it becomes full-fledged.
Top 10 Most Popular Opportunities For in SMB’s
- Electronic Learning: otherwise known as e-learning which is done through the use of the internet helps to tutor people with the use of videos, online chatting, etc.
- Direct Selling: This practice involves selling products not generally available in retail stores directly to consumers. Sales people are recruited to work independently and develop their own client bases.
- Management Consulting: these are people who serve big firms and even small businesses. These businesses often make use of consultants for individual projects because they may not have full-time employees or staff with appropriate expertise. Larger firms sometimes bring in consultants in order to get an objective or an outside viewpoint.
- Search Engine Optimization Business: this is a top internet search engine tool for people to shop and make their purchase with ease. Experts in search engine optimization (SEO) operate like consultants but in more specialized areas.
- Public Relations Consultant: Large firms facing a crisis often will hire outside PR specialists to help resolve their issues. Some firms bring in PR consultants to also help develop new strategies or refine a company’s public image.
- Information Professional: Companies need timely and accurate information to make intelligent business decisions and this is when Information researchers are then used to access the internet and online databases, using advanced search techniques beyond the scope of most average internet users.
Top 10 Most Successful Businesses to Start
- Catering Services: this can be done either by visiting various parties and even occasions and catering for their food and drinks. You can also acquire a small space to own your own business space.
- Website Design: all businesses online have websites and you can also create a niche to help them design a good website and get paid. High quality and creative website designers have remained in high demand.
- Business Consulting: most businesses are investing in quality business consultants who can help them achieve the best results for their business. They are also willing to pay for the right advice for the growth of their business.
- Courier Services: you can use a van or bike to deliver good to people who ask for your services. It is a very lucrative job and highly competitive.
- Hairdresser and barbing Services: this is a lucrative business although, it doesn’t promise get rich scheme it is rewarding. You can get a small space to make people’s hair or cut hair.
- Cleaning Services: all you need to start your own cleaning business is a vacuum, polish, and a floor cleaner.
- Online Tutoring: all you have to do here is teach people what you are good at. Either in languages or academic work. Offering to tutor online can be a great way to earn an income with exceptionally low expenses.
- Real Estate Brokering: Real estate brokers act as an intermediary between sellers and buyers and all you need to get started is a brokerage license. Although, to get customers are a bit difficult because there are a lot of people in this business but it is a rewarding job.
- Logo Design: logo designers are sought after these days and if you have a good eye for logo designing then the job is yours. Logo design is a competitive industry, and you will always have to come up with unique and inspiring logos to remain at the top of your business.
- Freelance: this is another start-up business that is becoming very rewarding. All you need is a computer and an internet connection. The fun part is that you can do this from anywhere you find yourself as you don’t need a shop or office space.
Some businesses are inherently more profitable than others. This can be due to expenses and overhead being low or the business charging a lot for its services or products. Still, all businesses, no matter how profitable they are, can be a challenge but with good maintenance and adequate market research, the business would thrive better.
Here is a step by step guide to start and run your own business, as well as grants and several other opportunities for your small business
Miss.Africa Initiative led by DCA Academy, is announcing a Seed Fund in Africa that will offer grants to support women and girls in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields to launch or expand their own initiatives…
Some of the most successful people in the business world share one thing in common beyond their billionaire status: they’re voracious readers. Bill Gates, Tony Elumelu, Warren Buffett, Strive Masiyiwa, Elon Musk, Oprah Winfrey to mention a…
GrowthAfrica is looking for 80 ambitious and committed entrepreneurs in Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Zambia, and Ghana to be part of the 2022 cohort. Application Deadline: 28th February 2022 Eligible Countries: Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia,…
There is so much hype about earning money online. It is true that you can work and earn a good income online. However, advertisers and bloggers oversell the notion just to get people to visit their websites or blogs. Clickbait that…
Echoing Green Fellowship is seeking the World’s Most Promising Social Entrepreneurs to boldly tackle pressing issues in their community. Echoing Green Fellowship Programs will offer more than $4.6 million in seed-stage funding and support…
Business degrees encompass a range of topics that apply to many sectors of the economy. A degree from any of the best universities will give you an edge over your competitors in the employment world. Not to forget, if you have any dream…
Agriculture is the bedrock of every development. It is an immense source of wealth. But the opportunities presented by Agriculture is not being fully exploited in Africa. This is due to a number of challenges countries in Africa's face –…
A business career is one of the most malleable classes of employment that offers varied career prospects and thriving environments. As trained professionals in the field, there are many viable grounds available for you to pitch your…
Africa has grown progressively to become a business hub and den attracting investors across the world, it’s crystal clear that the continent is ripe for diverse business opportunities. No one understands this better than the numerous…
This article discusses the seven most common reasons that a majority of startup businesses fail. I hope any to-be business owner reading this will prepare adequately against the factors discussed here. There are more than 10 reasons that…