Women in Africa (WIA) Young Leaders Programme 2021
Apply for the WIA Young Leaders programme in partnership with Dior and Lazard!
Application Deadline: 15th April 2021 at midnight (Central European Time).
About the Award:
The five winners will benefit from a two-part programme: they will first take a digital training course covering women’s leadership and skills needed for the future, taking place in the second quarter of 2021. Then, they will attend the in-person-session part of the programme, during the month of September, which will take place in Paris.
Personalized monitoring will be implemented by WIA. It will enable to identify the individual needs of Young Leaders and to respond precisely to the rise in skills of each of them.
The face-to-face part of the program will take place in Paris. During their stay in Paris, the Young Leaders will have the opportunity to visit Paris and make many meetings essential to the development of their network. They will also have, for example, the exclusive opportunity to visit the Maison Dior archives, as well as to be welcomed into the Lazard offices. A virtual event will finally be organized on the return from this trip, to allow the very first WIA Young Leaders promotion to share their experience.
Thanks to this program, five Young Leaders will have the opportunity to develop their skills, but also to network, to discover new organizations, to meet leading personalities from the worlds of business, politics and media.
Eligibility: Candidates should be African nationals and must show a strong interest in the development of the continent. The winners will be selected by a prestigious international jury for their career and their exemplary leadership capacities. The jury welcomes candidates from underprivileged backgrounds.
Selection Criteria:The specific criteria include:
– Interest in Africa’s development and a vision for the continent;
– The ability to reconcile business conduct and social impact;
– Awareness of the need for and importance of public-private dialogue;
– The ability to become decision-makers at the highest level;
– The strength of conviction combined with a sense for teamwork;
– Social ascension (self-made paths will highly valued);
– Strong ties with Africa (the candidate – or her parents – must be born in an African country or be linked to an activity or cause in Africa);
– Humility, empathy and resilience.
The final selection will take place during the first week of June. Five young African women leaders will be chosen to become the first laureates of the WIA Young Leaders programme.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award: In 2021, five selected Young Leaders will benefit from an international support program.
How to Apply: Apply now
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.