University of California Berkeley African Legal Impact LL.M Scholarship 2021/2022 for African Students
The African Legal Impact Scholarship was developed to encourage enrollment of students from Africa seeking advanced legal education. Because funds are extremely limited, the African Legal Impact Scholarship can only be provided to two outstanding applicants each year.
- 1st November 2020 for option A (spring start)
- 18th December 2020 for option B (summer start)
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): University of California, Berkeley
Field of Study: Law
Eligibility: Scholarship awards are based on:
- Citizenship or primary residence in Africa
- Academic merit
- A Statement of Intention describing what the scholarship recipient plans on accomplishing in Africa after graduating from the LL.M. professional track
- Students must be admitted to the LL.M. professional track program before they can apply for this scholarship. Scholarship application instructions will be provided to eligible admitted students.
- Recipients must maintain a minimum grade standard of ‘P’ (pass) or higher in all classes during the first semester in order to maintain scholarship eligibility during the second semester.
Number of Awards: 2
Value of Award: This is a full-tuition waiver. Recipients will be responsible for paying only the $1,000 seat deposit, plus travel and living expenses.
Duration of Programme: 1 year
How to Apply: A complete application to the LL.M. executive track program received no later than:
- November 1st for option A (spring start)
- December 18th for option B (summer start)
- Transcripts and letters of recommendation should be sent to LSAC well in advance in order to allow time for processing.