Makerere University/Leibniz Universität Natural Resources Management Summer School 2020 for African Students (Fully-funded)
Makerere University (Uganda) and the Leibniz Universität – Hannover (Germany) with financial support from the Volkswagen Foundation (Germany) invite applications from MSc and early PhD students less than 35 years of age from any university/research institution in sub-Sahara Africa or Germany with an interest in natural resources management for the Summer School due to take place from 19th July to 2nd August 2020.
Application Deadline: 6th March 2020
Eligible Countries: Sub-saharan African countries
Type: Masters, PhD
Eligibility: MSc and early PhD students less than 35 years of age from any university/research institution in sub-Sahara Africa or Germany with an interest in natural resources management
Number of Awards: 20
Value of Award: Participation in the course is free of charge. The course is fully funded and open to African MSc and PhD students. Scholarships will include the costs of air ticket, accommodation, meals, visa and transportation. However, participants will have to cover the cost for their travel health insurance.
Duration of Award: 19th July to 2nd August 2020.
How to Apply: Applicants are kindly requested to fill in the application form available at https://form.jotformeu.com/90379161435358 and submit the following documents in English through by email to fellows[at]gem.uni-hannover.de and copy to jkarungi[at]caes.mak.ac.ug or lydiaolaka[at]gmail.com or africansummerschool[at]gmail.com
- A detailed curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- A letter of motivation (max. 1 page) for new applicants, and a letter of reflection on how they utilized the training for those who participated in session 1).
- A confirmation of enrollment at the university
- A letter of reference from the academic supervisor (with original signature);
- A draft of a project proposal to be presented (02 pages).