Global Network Initiative (GNI) Fellowship Program on Internet Freedom 2019 – Call for Applications
Internews’ Global Technology team and the Global Network Initiative (GNI) warmly welcome applications for the next one-year GNI-Internews Fellowship Program, which seeks to further online freedom of expression and privacy around the world by facilitating collaboration and conversation among diverse stakeholders.
Application Deadline: 10th October 2019 5pm EST
Eligible Countries: organizations based in South Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Latin America and the Caribbean.
About the Award: Three to six one-year fellowship grants of $10,000 USD to $20,000 USD will be awarded to organizations based in South Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Latin America and the Caribbean. Fellowships include funding to participate in four GNI board meetings and networking events, and engage in GNI activities, including but not limited to: participation in policy and learning calls on digital rights issues; development of policy analysis papers; and attendance at regional multi-stakeholder meetings.
Fellows will engage directly with a wide variety of information and communications technology (ICT) company representatives within GNI’s unique multi-stakeholder platform. By participating in this fellowship, organizations will gain insight into company decision-making, build relationships with company representatives and other GNI members, gain knowledge through members-only meetings and discussions, and have the opportunity to contribute their expertise to GNI’s unique global multi-stakeholder forum.
Eligibility: We welcome applications from established organizations as well as newcomers to the digital rights space. To be considered, applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Based in South Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, or Latin America and the Caribbean
- Demonstrated experience or interest and aptitude for working on freedom of expression and privacy issues in the ICT sector
- Able to attend three in-person meetings and one remote (call-in) event, as well as preparation calls.
- Willing to designate one member of the applying organization to be the main point of contact for this fellowship.
In addition to the aforementioned required qualifications, applicants with the following experience should strongly consider applying:
- Prior engagement with one or more of GNI’s four policy priorities:
- Network Disruptions
- Intermediary Liability
- Jurisdictional Assertions and Limits
Number of Awards: 3-6
Value of Award: fellowship grants of $10,000 USD to $20,000 USD
Duration of Award: 1 year
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted by an individual who would participate in the fellowship on behalf of that individual’s organization. The deadline for applications is 5pm EST on October 10, 2019.
Applications must be submitted through the application Google Form.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Canadian University to Study Medicine
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India
This One Skill Will Secure Your Future – And How To “Learn” It