DAAD In-Country/In-Region Masters & PhD Scholarship Programme 2020/2021 at University of Abomey-Calavi
DAAD through the “In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme” funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), offers scholarships for PhD and Master studies.
Application Deadline: 7th February 2020 (DAAD Deadline)
UAC Deadline: 15th December 2019.
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
To be Taken at (Country): University of Abomey-Calavi, Benin rep.
About the Award: The programme aims at fostering strong, internationally oriented higher education systems in Sub-Saharan Africa with the capacity to contribute to sustainable development. To this end, scholarships are granted for development-related Master or doctoral studies for individuals who plan to pursue a career in teaching and/or research at a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
By training future academic and professional leaders, the programme contributes to the following long-term impacts:
• Qualified professionals’ involvement in the solution of development-related problems in Sub-Saharan Africa
• Graduates strengthening education and research in Sub-Saharan Africa
• Structural strengthening and regional networking of partner institutions and partner universities
As part of this programme, the Faculty of Agronomic Sciences of the University of Abomey-Calavi offers a Master and a doctoral study programmes in biometrics, an area with strong relevance to national development of Sub-Saharan African countries
Field(s) of Study: The In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme supports studies in subject areas with strong relevance to national development.
The scholarships at University of Abomey-Calavi, Faculty of Agronomic Sciences are available in the following field:
• Master Statistics, Major Biometry
• PhD Agronomy, Major Biometry
Type: Master, PhD
- have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates)
- with above average results (second class upper division)
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- must be nationals or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan African country
- should generally be a) staff member of a public university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
Number of Awards: 2 Doctorates & 2 Masters from Benin; 5 Doctorates & 6 Masters from other Sub-Saharan countries
Value of Award: The Scholarship covers
- Tuition fees,
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Monthly Scholarship (Accommodation, Food etc.)
- Travel allowance (In-Region only)
DAAD In-Country/In-Region scholarship holders are also encouraged to apply for a research stay in Germany for 3 up to 6 months.
Duration of Award: The duration
• of the PhD programme is generally up to three years
• of the Master programme is generally two years
generally starting in September 2020.
Scholarships are initially granted for one year and can be extended to upon receipt of an application for extension. Scholars must demonstrate satisfactory progress before an extension is granted.
How to Apply:
First step: Applicants must apply for their studies at University of Abomey-Calavi, Faculty of Agronomic Sciences following guidelines (documents and how to apply) below (candidates for the Master’s programme):
- Motivation letter to the Coordinator of the Master
- Academic degrees
- Academic transcripts
- An academic reference letter from a lecturer-researcher
- Certified copy of the Certificate of Birth
- Curriculum vitae
- Program of the courses already followed by the applicant
Application file for doctoral candidates includes:
- Cover letter of application to the Director of the doctoral school of agronomic and water sciences
- Motivation letter to the Coordinator of the doctoral training in Biometrics
- Concept note of the research project (not more than 10 pages) from the applicant/candidate
- CV of the applicant including if possible a list of scientific publications
- Copy of official academic transcripts of the applicant, for the Master in Biostatistics/biometrics and for the Bachelor. Please supply the official explanation of the grading system.
- Copy of certificates for the Master in Biostatistics/biometrics and for the Bachelor
- Letter of support from a lecturer-researcher
UAC Deadline: 15th December 2019.
Second step: DAAD reserves the right of final selection. Only the pre-selected candidates are asked to log into the DAAD portal, register themselves and submit an DAAD application. DAAD Deadline: 7th February 2020.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Canadian University to Study Medicine
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India
This One Skill Will Secure Your Future – And How To “Learn” It