Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships 2020 for International Students – Asia Pacific University
The Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships are open at Asia Pacific University for September 2020 enrolment. APU will automatically recommend outstanding eligible candidates to the scholarship organization.
Application Deadline: 19th November 2019
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at (Country): Japan
About the Award: This scholarship is awarded to outstanding international students who are recommended by APU. The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) provides this scholarship with the aim of enhancing the international competitiveness and promoting the active exchange of international students in Japanese universities.
Type: Masters, PhD
- Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas
- 2.Not have Japanese nationality and be a national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- 3.Be born on or after April 2, 1985
Notes:Those who are serving on active military duty or civilians employed by the military at the time of application are not eligible for this scholarshipRecipients must be able to arrive in Japan during the arrival period stipulated by APUThose who apply for this scholarship cannot have received a MEXT scholarship in the past unless they have more than 3 years of educational research experience after the final payment of the previous MEXT scholarship awardThose who apply for this scholarship cannot be applying for another MEXT scholarshipRecipients of this scholarship cannot receive a scholarship from another scholarship organization while studying at APURecipients of this scholarship must have student as their status of residence (visa status) in Japan
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
How to Apply:
- Submit the APU application by November 19, 2019. Additional documents are not required to be considered for this scholarship.
- APU reviews application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT
- Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results
- Selected applicants complete and submit additional MEXT (SGU) application documents to APU
- The final scholarship award results are decided by MEXT