African Union/University of California, Davis (UCD) Africa Plant Breeding Academy for African Students 2018
The University of California, Davis has opened registration for Class IV of the African Plant Breeding AcademySM in collaboration with The African Union New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) Agency, the World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF), The Alliance for a Green Revolution for Africa (AGRA), Mars, Incorporated and the African Orphan Crops Consortium
Application Deadline: 15th August 2018
Eligible Countries: African countries
About the Award: This six-week program will be delivered in three 2-week classes with session one beginning in Nairobi, Kenya on November, 2018. The instructors are internationally recognized experts in plant breeding and seed technology. Scholarships are available for select students to attend this prestigious program.
Type: Short course
Eligibility: All participants must be based in Africa and must be actively managing a breeding program.
Ideal applicants will:
- Hold a Ph.D. or Masters degree with significant plant breeding experience
- Have taken courses in statistics, genetics and breeding
- Be currently employed and managing a breeding program in any crop
- Have proficiency in English language
- Be available to attend all three sessions
Number of Awards: 35
Value of Award: Selected students will be offered a fully paid scholarship from the African Orphan Crops Consortium and NEPAD Agency that covers tuition, all materials, travel and accommodations.
Duration of Programme: 6 Weeks. Duration is as follows
(students must attend all three sessions)
- Session 1: November 25 – December 8, 2018
- Session 2: May 12 – 25, 2019
- Session 3: December 1 – 13, 2019
How to Apply: APPLY HERE