Obama Foundation Leaders: African Program (Fully-funded to South Africa) 2019
The Obama Foundation Leaders: Africa Program seeks emerging leaders who have a demonstrated potential for impact, a clear commitment to integrity, and are at earlier stages of their journey.
Application Deadline: 28th February 2019 at 6:00 PM Eastern Time
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Johannesburg, South Africa
About the Award: The objective of the program is to build a growing network of innovative and ethical changemakers, who seek to drive positive change in their communities. Successful candidates will have a demonstrated potential for impact, a clear commitment to integrity, and a commitment to stay engaged with the Obama Foundation throughout the year and beyond. We are interested in talented individuals who are on the right trajectory at earlier stages of their journey, as well as those who have already attained success.
- Citizen of an African country
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Emerging leaders from all sectors approximately between 24-40 years of age
- Available to travel to Johannesburg, South Africa from July 10 through July 15, 2019
- Civically minded with a track record of impact
- A clear commitment to integrity
- A commitment to stay engaged with the Obama Foundation throughout the year and beyond
- Ability and inclination to positively transform the future of Africa or their community.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The Obama Foundation will cover costs related to economy class travel, lodging, and meals throughout the July 10-15 portion of the program.
Duration of Program: The inaugural class of the Leaders Africa Program will convene in Johannesburg, South Africa from July 10 through July 15, 2019, as well as participate in robust online activities throughout the year.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted via the Program Webpage.
Award Providers: Obama Foundation