Yale Young Global Scholars 2020 for Secondary School Students (Scholarships Available)
Yale Young Global Scholars empowers the next generation of leaders by building a global community and designing interdisciplinary programs that foster intellectual curiosity, deepen understanding and inspire creative action across all borders.
Application Deadline: 15th January, 2020 11:59pm ET
Early Action Deadline is 12th November, 2019 at 11:59PM ET
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Yale University in New Haven in USA.
About the Award: Yale Young Global Scholars provides scholarships to students with demonstrated financial need. The application for partial and full scholarships are included in the online program application and must be completed by the 2020 application deadline. It is recommended that parents or guardians of applicants help students complete the required financial information.
We will award scholarship money based on need demonstrated in your completed application. Last year, approximately one third of program participants received full or partial scholarships based on financial need. Unfortunately, Yale Young Global Scholars financial assistance cannot cover travel expenses, and we cannot guarantee financial aid to all those who apply for it.
Offered Since: 2001
Type: Short Courses, Undergraduate
- Age: Be at least 16 years old by July 19, 2020 (first day of Session III).
- English Fluency: Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Grade Level: Be a current high school sophomore or junior (or international equivalent).
- Graduation Date: Be graduating in May/June 2021 or 2022 from the Northern Hemisphere, or in Nov./Dec. 2020 or 2021 from the Southern Hemisphere.
- YYGS Participation: Be a first-time participant in YYGS. If you have participated in any YYGS session during a previous summer (e.g., 2019, 2018), then you are not eligible to participate during YYGS 2020.
- Please note: If you previously applied to YYGS but were not offered admission or were unable attend AND you meet the eligibility criteria noted above, then you are encouraged to re-apply for YYGS 2020.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- Thanks to generous donors, YYGS is able to offer a limited number of Scholarships, which are Need-Based Financial Aid packages that cover full-tuition ($6,300 USD) and travel costs.
- In order to be considered for one of these scholarships (below), you MUST have completed the entire online YYGS Application, including the Need-Based Financial Aid portion, by January 15, 2020.
- As part of reviewing your financial aid request, YYGS staff will automatically review whether or not you meet any of our 2020 scholarships’ eligibility requirements, and contact you when decisions are released by mid-March
- Apply early to receive a discount on your application fee. If the fee poses a financial burden, you can submit a fee waiver to reduce your application fee to $0 USD. For more information visit the Application Deadlines page.
Duration of Program:
June 21 – July 3
- Biological & Biomedical Science (BBS I)
- Literature, Philosophy, & Culture (LPC I)
- Politics Law & Economics (PLE I)
- Solving Global Challenges (SGC I)
July 5 – July 17
- Biological & Biomedical Science (BBS II)
- Literature, Philosophy, & Culture (LPC II)
- Politics Law & Economics (PLE II)
- Solving Global Challenges (SGC II)
July 19 – July 31
- Applied Science & Engineering (ASE III)
- Literature, Philosophy, & Culture (LPC III)
- Politics Law & Economics (PLE III)
- Solving Global Challenges (SGC III)
How to Apply: The 2020 application is available! Apply now
Award Provider: Yale University
Important Notes: We encourage all potential applicants to begin and complete their applications as soon as possible to ensure all materials are submitted by the deadline.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Do Not Move To Germany If…
How To Study Abroad As An International Exchange Student
14 Business Ideas You Should Consider In 2020s