The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) is sponsoring a competition for young African entrepreneurs (less than age 40) to showcase their business innovations in agribusiness
Application Deadline: 15th September 2022
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Nairobi, Kenya
About the Award: The focus is for the young entrepreneurs to share their stories at an international stage with close to 1200 participants drawn from academia, business and industry, development organisations, practitioners and philanthropists. It is hoped that through this competition, young entrepreneurs’ business concepts, impact, innovation and business opportunities can be expanded.
While the focus of this competition is on innovation in agribusiness, other innovations, incubations, business enterprises and business concepts along ICTs, health, engineering, natural resources, meteorology, urbanization, green economy, and transport and communication, among other areas, will be considered.
Eligibility: Applications are invited from enterprises and individuals that meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Persons with an established business enterprise and/or those with innovations that can potentially be commercialized and/or those with business concepts
- The business enterprise/potential enterprise should have a defined business model that show case the innovativeness of the proposed enterprise/business/innovation.
- Persons in the age category 16-34 years
- Submissions should be in English or French using the template provided.
Value of Award:
The RUFORUM Young African Entrepreneurs Competition primary purpose is to promote business innovation through entrepreneurship and provide seed funding to young entrepreneurs with creative and innovative business ideas to be valorized and enhance and foster a spirit of entrepreneurship among African youth. The competition specifically seeks to:
- Provide young entrepreneurs with the opportunity to showcase their businesses and share their development as an inspiration to many young African potential entrepreneurs
- Bring collective action towards the provision of seed funding to young entrepreneurs through a transparent and competitive process.
- Provide a platform for young entrepreneurs to demonstrate their impact and pitch their business with investors and stakeholders through capacity building opportunity.
- Create a network of young entrepreneurs across Africa working together and sharing experiences that escalate youth contribution and job creation in Africa.
The challenge will target young people between 16-34 years.
How to Apply: All applications should be submitted through the www.ruforum.org/younginnovators/
Award Providers: RUFORUM