MasterCard Global Justice Academy Scholarships for International Masters Students 2017/2018
60 postgraduate Masters scholarships are available for the brightest and best African scholars with great potential but few educational opportunities.
Application Deadline: 30th November, 2016
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): University of Edinburgh, Scotland
Eligible Fields of Study: The Global Justice Academy is delighted that its LLM in Human Rights is eligible for the award, along with the following postgraduate Masters programmes:
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Education
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Global Health Policy
- LLM Human Rights
- MSc Product Design
- MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
- You must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh in the programmes listed above. We encourage applicants to apply to this scholarship BEFORE applying to the University. Have a look at entry requirements for postgraduate students at http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/international/postgraduate-entry/africa Please see section on applying below for more information;
- You must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country, whose personal circumstances would make accepting an offer from the University of Edinburgh difficult. Applications from Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zimbabwe are particularly welcome;
- You must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within your community; and
- You are able to present economically disadvantaged circumstances and be able to show that you lack financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary (university) education in your home country or elsewhere.
Preference will be given to candidates who have not already had the opportunity to study in Scotland.
The scholarships are competitive and awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, the overseas equivalent of a UK first-class honours degree. Applicants financial, personal, and family circumstances will also be taken into account.
Applicants must also be committed to returning to Africa following their graduation to give back to their home community and country.
Number of Awardees: Ten scholarships are available in 2017/2018
Value of Scholarship: The scholarships will cover the full tuition fees and expenses for accommodation and maintenance.
Duration of Scholarship: Awards are tenable for one academic year, and at the end of the award candidates will be required to return to Africa.
How to Apply: We encourage applicants to apply to this scholarship BEFORE applying to the University (unless they are also applying to funding elsewhere). By completing a short online pre-application assessment, the MCF team will assess the student’s eligibility for the scholarship and if appropriate, provide a full application form.
It is important to go through the Application Requirements before applying.
Award Provider: Mastercard Foundation, University of Edinburgh
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Studying in South Africa Vs UK - Which is better? Study Abroad Comparison
Studying in UK Vs Italy Which Is Better? Study Abroad Comparison
Is It Too Late To Change Career at 27?