OFID Development Leaders Scholarship for Youths to Attend One Young World Conference 2019
One Young World in association with the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) is offering travel/conference scholarships to students from OPEC countries wishing to attend the One Young World Summit
Application Deadline: 13th July 2019
Eligible Countries: OPEC Countries. See list below.
To be taken at (country):The Hague, Netherlands
About the Award: The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) is the development finance institution established by the Member States of OPEC in 1976 as a collective channel of aid to the developing countries. OFID works in cooperation with developing country partners and the international donor community to stimulate economic growth and alleviate poverty in all disadvantaged regions of the world. It does this by providing financing to build essential infrastructure, strengthen social services delivery and promote productivity, competitiveness and trade. OFID’s work is people-centered, focusing on projects that meet basic needs – such as food, energy, clean water and sanitation, healthcare and education – with the aim of encouraging self-reliance and inspiring hope for the future.
Type: Conference, Training
Eligibility: In order to apply, candidate must be:
- Aged 18 – 30
- A national of one of the listed eligible countries. Click here to view list.
Successful candidates will excel in the following areas:
- Evidenced commitment to the sustainable development of their country. This commitment can come in many forms; ranging from a high level of involvement in community initiatives to social entrepreneurship or from leading responsible business practices to public service.
- Leadership ability
- Concern for local or global issues
- Ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
Number of Awardees: 20
List of countries: Algeria, Guatemala, Nigeria, Syrian Arab Republic, Botswana, Iraq, Palestinian Territory, Occupied, Tanzania, United Republic of, Burkina Faso, Jordan, Paraguay, Tunisia, Cambodia, Lebanon, Philippines, Venezuela, Cameroon, Libya, Qatar, Vietnam, Congo, The Democratic Republic of, Malawi, Rwanda, Zambia, Egypt, Mongolia, Saudi Arabia, Eritrea, Morocco, Sierra Leone, Ghana
Value of Scholarship:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 17 October and 20 October
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from The Hague.
In addition to attend to attending the Summit, all OFID scholars will be able to apply for a €5,000 grant to support their development work.
Duration of Scholarship: 21 – 25 October 2019
How to Apply: Submit an online application in English before 9:00am BST 13 July 2019.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do
This One Skill Will Increase Your Value by at least 50%
10 Common Scholarship Interview Questions And How to Answer Them