Women in Tech
Top Women in Tech Programmes Around the world
When you’re a woman in a male-dominated business searching for fulfillment and prosperity, it’s easy to feel like you’re not part of it. Despite women holding only about 20 percent of tech jobs and 25 percent of its leadership positions, we have a long way to go until we have gender parity and make women feel at ease in a field that’s also very much theirs.
Below are the top 10 programs for women who have chosen the STEM career paths;
- African Women in Tech (AWIT); The event series of the African Women in Technology program, a product of IBOM LLC, was born out of a desire to connect, educate and empower women determined to advance their tech careers. We’re dedicated to providing women with opportunities to grow and lead in tech space and a safe space.
- Black Girls Code: The vision of this program is to increase the number of colors in the digital space.
- Rails Girls: the program was founded in Finland and has now blossomed into a global not – for- profit community
- Built by Girls: This is one of the organizations leading the way past simply teaching girls to code.
- Womanity: This is an also a not – for profit organization that was set up to women and girls in developing countries.
- Girls who Code: This is a US based program and has taught to date over 40,000 girls how to code.
- Girl Develop IT (GDI): This is a program that began with one class offered in New York City in 2010 and has since then blossomed into an organization with chapters in over 56 cities of the United States.
- Org: This is a unique program that is dedicated to expanding access to computer science to underrepresented populations and girls. They also provide some additional professional learning programs for teachers to integrate CS into their classrooms.
- Barcelona Women’s Network: This program was established to foster friendship and understanding between women of various nationalities living in Barcelona.
- FemDevs: This is a program that is set up to fight for gender parity in the tech industry by promoting the participation of women in video game development.
The OSCE Scholarship for Peace and Security in Co-operation with the UNODA and their partners offers a training programme providing ...
WindAc Africa Conference Student Sponsorship Program 2022 for Students in South African Universities
WindAc Africa will again offer a special programme for high potential young people from South Africa at this year’s conference. ...
Engineering Entrepreneurship Internet & Tech IT and Computer July Mathematics Scholarship for Women Sciences Start a Business
Miss.Africa Initiative led by DCA Academy, is announcing a Seed Fund in Africa that will offer grants to support women ...
Women in Africa 54 Project 2022: Join the WIA54 programme for African women entrepreneurs! This year, WIA rolls out its ...
Applications for GMMP WanaData Fellowship 2021 are now open for Women Data Journalists When is the Application Deadline: 12th November ...
Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT) invites young researchers to support the data collection and analysis for Rwanda gender analysis of program ...