Applications are open for UNICEF Innovation Fund Call for Frontier Technology Solutions for Child Online Safety Application Deadline: 20th December 2020 About the Award: The UNICEF Innovation Fund in partnership with the Global…
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is a non-profit organization set up for the protection of a child’s rights. Thus, assisting, providing, and protecting humanitarian and developmental aid to children across the globe. UNICEF founded in the year 1946 is a United Nations agency having its headquarters in New York City, USA. UNICEF functions in about 190 countries and territories to defend children’s rights and save their lives. Also to assist them to fulfill their potential and achieve their goals, from early childhood through adolescence.
UNICEF has its mandate which is classified into 3 major pillars. They include External Relations, Programme and Policy, and Operations. This guides their path in their highest area of concentration to its mandate. Meanwhile, UNICEF works cooperatively with the United Nations and its agencies to ensure that children across the world are on their agenda. UNICEF strikes a balance between thorough research and practical solutions for children.
UNICEF Internship Programmes
The organization provides an internship program for qualified students. Thereby, allowing them to obtain direct practical work experience in UNICEF. Here are some of the ongoing internship programme below, but before then let’s discuss the eligibility criteria involved.
UNICEF only considered only applicants that meet the following eligibility criteria below for the internship programme. Candidates must
- Be a student currently undertaking an undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme or must have finished within the past 2 years.
- Be of age 18years and above.
- Be fluent in English, Spanish, or French language.
- Be a high-performance academic student.
- Not have a close relative presently working or in line of authority in UNICEF.
- Program Assistant, Volunteer, and Youth Engagement Internship: This is a 6 monthly internship programme where the intern will assist in running the administration of the UNICEF Thailand volunteer programme and the U-Report platform. Also, the intern will aid in assigning activities to encourage volunteers and youth supporters through polling, events, volunteering, and campaign promotion.
- Internship with Early Childhood Development Section: UNICEF under the Early Childhood Development (ECD) section is bringing a paid internship programme which will last for a period of 6 months. Most importantly, the intern will aid the instant needs and execute operational tasks. Thereby, gaining technical skills in programme development, excellent communication, and also sharing of knowledge.
However, the intern will be placed under the supervision of the ECD Specialist (P4) and in cooperation with the members of the ECD Section, at New York HQ, US.
- Internship – Graphic Designer, Administrative Management Service: They are looking for an intern for graphic designing and administrative management services in New York Headquarters, US. However, this internship will last for a period of 6 months with an available monthly stipend for the intern.
UNICEF Grants & Funding
They provide grants & funding opportunities through their newly founded UNICEF innovation (venture) fund, a non-thematic, pooled fund which is mainly formed to sponsor early stage, open-source technology that can be of advantages to children. Also, have positive impacts on the lives of them.
Meanwhile, the UNICEF Innovation Fund is seeking to make up to $50 to $90,000 equity-free investments to sponsor early stage (seed) finance to for-profit technology start-ups that possess the capacity to benefit humanity. The application portal is yet to be opened for 2020 UNICEF grants & funding.
UNICEF’s mandate being part of the bigger mission of the United Nations and has been able to provide various scholarship opportunities across the globe.
- United Nations University Scholarships: This is a scholarship awarded to high-performance academic students in pursuit of a degree programme at the University. Applicants are to submit their application and request using their official website.
- United Nations University Japan/PhD in Sustainability Science Programme: This is a 3-years programme organized by the UN for those seeking the School’s PhD in sustainability Science. However, this is only available to candidates from developing countries and it’s on a financial need base.
- IPCC Scholarship Programme: This programme is for young scientists from developing countries willing to research issues related to climate change across the nation.
- AUTM Developing Economies Scholarship: This scholarship scheme aims in sponsoring professional development for transferred professionals working in developing countries. The scholarship worth up to $4,000 for the programme.
In conclusion, UNICEF works very effectively in bringing differences to the world’s most difficult places. Mostly to reach the most vulnerable, helpless, and disadvantaged children around the world especially the developing countries. They help achieve amazing results for children and young people who are their main driving force.
Meanwhile, for the past 70 years, UNICEF has worked very well to improve the lives of children and their families across many nations despite the challenges. UNICEF is known for fighting for the rights of every child seeking safe shelter, good nutrition, protection from disaster, and far beyond
These are the list of United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) Undergraduate scholarships and funds. Start here to apply
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you. Application Deadline: Different application…
Calling on young innovators to design solutions to improve education, employment and civic empowerment launches in Ghana. Application Deadline: 1st November 2019 Eligible Countries: All To be taken at (country): Accra, Ghana About the…
UNICEF is inviting young startups to apply to co-work from the UNICEF Startup Lab in Accra. Application Deadline: 30th September (extended from 27th September) 2019 Eligible Countries: African countries To be Taken at (Country):…
Are you fluent in English and have professional working proficiency (B2) in another UN language? Have you completed an advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent)? Do you have 5 years of progressively responsible professional…