Studying in Russia – what it entails
The government provides most educational services in the country through The Ministry of Education and Science. According to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), Russia has the most educated population in the world. This gives it an advantage over other developed countries of the world.
The country is best known for its academic strength in mathematics, physics, chemistry and natural sciences. The Russian universities also offer preparatory programmes, short courses, Russian as a foreign language course, professional development and additional vocational training.
Education in Russia is funded by the government, both for foreigners and citizens. For self-funded students, applicants could select an educational institution and communicate with their representatives.
The average cost of studying in Russia is approximately $4000 per year.
Top Scholarships around the World for Russian Citizens
- Fully funded Scholarship at Swansea University in the UK
As part of the major Oxford -Swansea -Liverpool Centre for Topological Data Analysis, Swansea University is looking for a PhD student to join the Swansea team of five permanent members and multiple postdoctoral and PhD students.
Value: fully funded
- Applicants must have a first-class or second class upper division or a master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- An IELTS score of 6.0 as an English language requirement for international students.
The aim of the project is to build on current persistent homology tools, extending it theoretically and computationally.
- International Scholarships at the University of Sussex, United Kingdom
The Chancellor’s International Scholarship at the University of Sussex is a scholarship scheme for international students to start a master’s programme at the university.
The value of the scholarship is 50% of the total tuition fee for postgraduate studies.
- Applicant must be an international Non-EU student and must be commencing full-time postgraduate studies at the university.
- You must have enough funds to cover your study and living in the United Kingdom.
- Applicant must have a good grade in the previous academic record.
- You must have been offered admission into the university.
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship for International Students in the UK
The scholarship was established by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in 2000. Application is invited to all eligible candidates for the scholarship.
Benefit of the Scholarship
The scholarship is fully funded and includes all tuition costs to the tune of £34,107 per year and a generous maintenance allowance of £17,500. Airfare, retreats and extensive mentorship opportunities are also granted.
To be eligible for the scholarship, the candidate must:
- Be a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- Apply to pursue a full-time course for a PhD, MSc / MLitt or a one-year postgraduate course.
- Demonstrate an excellent intellectual ability, leadership capacity and desire to use their knowledge to contribute to the society.
- Meet all the requirements for pursuing a postgraduate study.
- Emerging Global Leader Scholarship at American University (AU)
The American University invites candidates from all over the world for the Emerging Global Leader Scholarship at the university.
The scholarship is fully funded and covers all expenses.
- The scholarship is open to all international students.
- A minimum of 3.8 GPA is required.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and helping to advance the need of the home country.
- Applicant must meet the standard English language requirements for the university.
- Fully Funded Chinese Government Scholarship
The scholarship of the Chinese government is a full scholarship established by the Ministry of Education in support of the Chinese University for the enrollment of international students for graduate studies in China.
Application is filed online at tju.at0086.cn/student. The required documents are listed in the Online Application System.
The scholarship is fully funded and covers tuition fees and monthly living expenses.
- Applicant must be an international student and in good health.
- Applicant applying for a master’s degree programme must be below 35 years.
- Applicant applying for a PhD programme must be below 40 years.
- English language requirements must be met by the applicant.
Applicant must be in good physical condition to be able to apply for the scholarship.
Scholarships in Russia for the Nationals
Russian Government Scholarship
The “Open Doors Scholarship” is a scholarship programme crafted by education specialists in Russia for both citizens and foreigners. It is aimed to encourage students to pursue their dreams of becoming master’s degree holders.
Benefit of the Scholarship
The scholarship programme covers all expenses including tuition and other educational expenses and stipends.
The scholarship is open to all, including citizens, foreigners and stateless individuals.
Top Universities in Russia
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations
- Tomsk Polytechnic University
- National Research University Higher School of Economics
- Bauman Moscow State Technical University
- National Research Nuclear University
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology State University
- Tomsk State University
- Novosibirsk State University
- Saint Petersburg State University
- Lomonosov Moscow State University
Apply now for Russian scholarships
Looking for Scholarships in Europe for international students? In countries including Hungary, Romania, Republic of Czech, Estonia, Denmark, Spain, Greece, ...
In line with the strategy and objectives of the approved UNESCO Programme and Budget for the Fellowships Programme Section, the ...
The Russian Government is offering scholarships for South African students to study at Russian institutions from the academic year 2019/2020. ...