The Rhodes Trust offers Rhodes Trust Scholarships Postgraduate Scholarship Program for international students globally including Africans, to study at University of Oxford (See country list below). Application Deadlines: East…
The Rhode trust scholarship is an initiative of an English business man who is known as Cecil John Rhodes. The scholarship started in 1902 and it aims at nurturing future public leaders for the world’s future. This scholarship takes places in the University of Oxford, United Kingdom. The Rhode trust is an international postgraduate Scholarship that is made available and awarded to students to study in Oxford University. Initially, when the scholarship scheme was established it was made available to men and women were excluded even Africans too due to the non-gender equality and racial issues of the past till it was advocated for and women and non-Europeans started taking part in the application process.
Each year the Rhode Trust Scholarship is made available to outstanding men and women all around the world who show leadership qualities and then they are offered admission for a postgraduate degree in Oxford. Yearly, over 94 Rhodes Trust Scholarship is made available to students in over 64 countries of the world. A selection committee is always set up for the selection of successful candidates for the Scholarships. These men and women in the committee are looking for young leaders of outstanding intellect and character who are motivated to engage with global challenges, committed to the service of others and show promise of becoming principled leaders for the world. They also search for students with outstanding academic performance, leadership qualities and also students who have the interest of his or her fellow human at heart.
The Rhodes Trust scholarship is available for a full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Oxford. All the courses available in the university are offered.
How To Apply
Before apply for the Rhode trust Scholarship, you have to check if your country is eligible because the scholarship is open only to these eligible countries which are listed below:
Australia, Bermuda, Canada, China, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Jamaica and the Commonwealth Caribbean, Kenya, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Nigeria, Swaziland, United Arab Emirates, United States, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- After the confirmation of your country, below are pointed out on how to apply for this scholarship:
- Search for the official website of the Rhode Scholarship to read other specific guidelines on how to apply.
- After carefully reading through the guidelines then you can start your application process by choosing your course of study at the University of Oxford.
- Next, you need to write a Convincing Personal Statement expressing yourself and why you want to be a Rhodes scholar.
- Get a series of reference letters as a referee is needed to complete your application for the Scholarship.
- Submit and attach all relevant documents.
- An interview is conducted via any video link, so you need to prepare yourself well for it.
Cost of the Scholarship Award
- The Rhodes Scholarship covers all of the University fees
- Accommodation and feeding
- A personal stipend monthly
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the Scholarship, as well as an economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the Scholarship.
Tuition Fee and Cost of Living
The cost of living and tuition fees is solely handled by the Rhodes trust Scholarship. The tuition cost is estimated at about £15,900 yearly and divided up to £1,325 per month. The cost of living is also reduced with the scholarship award given to the student. Even basic things such as food, laundry, accommodation, and transportation both to the UK and back to the student’s home country are all provided by the scholarship scheme.
- Applicant must fulfill the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes trust university for which they are applying. That is, he or she must be a citizen of the eligible countries only.
- Applicants must not be older than 28 years as at the time of application as exceeded age limit would not be considered.
- Applicants must have obtained at least a bachelor’s degree before applying. Proof of academic standing would be provided during the application process.
- Applicants must provide academic transcripts
- English language proficiency is always required and the proof as as IELTS.
- Applicants must have up to 5 reference letters to complete the application process.
Studying at the University of Oxford UK, as a Rhodes scholar is a very exciting journey as the top UK and US politicians have also benefited from the scheme. Living expenses including traveling tickets from your home country to the UK and back home after the postgraduate program is been taken care of by the scholarship scheme. Accommodation is provided and monthly stipends are also given. The main aim of the Rhodes trust Scholarship is to enable outstanding men and women all over the world to utilize their skills so as for them to be useful both for their home country and the world at large.
The Rhodes Trust offers Rhodes Trust Scholarships Postgraduate Scholarship Program for international students globally, to study at University of Oxford (See country list below). Application Deadline: 2nd August 2021 About the Award:…
The Rhodes Trust offers Rhodes Trust Scholarships Postgraduate Scholarship Program for international students globally including Africans, to study at University of Oxford (See country list below). Application Deadlines: East Africa:…
The Mandela Rhodes Scholarships Programme is open for African citizens to study for postgraduate (Honors and Masters) degree at South African Universities 2021 Application Deadline: 23rd April 2020 (extended from 16th April 2020) Eligible…
The Office of Research, Innovation and Development (ORID) is pleased to inform the University community of the Call for Applications for the “THE RHODES SCHOLARSHIP 2018 FOR WEST AFRICA”. Application Deadline: 14th October, 2017.…