Designed to prepare the next generation of global leaders, Schwarzman Scholars is the first scholarship created to respond to the geopolitical landscape of the 21st Century. Application Deadlines: 22nd September 2020 at 11:59 PM, Eastern…
Leaderships Programmes are programmes that develop your personal leadership skills, helping you to achieve your professional goals and deliver results. This programme also helps you to inspire and lead others by better understanding yourself and how you relate to people and situations.
General Benefits of Leadership Programmes
What do you learn in a leadership program?
- Leadership training courses help build self confidence and wisdom
- They empower you to succeed
- They teach valuable skills
- They encourage introspection
- They surround you with other leaders
- They help lead you to the next level
- They help you clarify your vision
- They teach you how to influence people
Top Leadership Programmes for African/International Students
- African Leadership Academy
This is a two-year pre-university diploma programme geared at young Africans between the ages of 16 and 19. The students would be required to complete a unique curriculum which includes Entrepreneurial Leadership, African Studies, Cambridge A-Level, and Writing & Rhetoric.
- Obama Foundation Africa Leaders Programme for Young Africans (fully-funded)
The Obama Foundation African Leaders Programme seeks young and talented African leaders who have a potential for impact and commitment to integrity. The programme holds in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The foundation covers airfare, domestic transportation and accommodation. Passport and visa allowance are not included.
- You must be a citizen of an African country.
- You must be a resident in Africa.
- You must be between 24 and 40 years.
- You must be fluent in English.
This is an opportunity for young Africans to acquire more leadership skills.
- African Presidential Leadership Programme (APLP) FOR Young Leaders
The African Presidential Leadership Programme was launched as part of the implementation of the World Youth Forum. Through the programme, competent youths are injected into the pipelines of the governmental sector and other national developmental sectors.
More than one thousand Africans are given the chance to participate in the programme. The duration is 5 weeks.
- The programme is open to African nationals.
- The applicant must be between 18 and 30 years.
- Evidence of educational status or graduate certificate is required.
- The applicant must send a 5-7-minute video explaining the pressing problems of Africa.
- Afresist Youth Leadership Programme (AYLP) for Africans
Applications are open for the AYLP created by the activities of Afrika Youth Movement (AYM). It is designed for the support and training of youths who are interested in activism and those discovering their place and role in society.
Benefits of the programme
- Full and partial financial aids.
- Awards include travel, accommodation and programme registration.
- An Afresist leadership certificate will be awarded upon the completion of the programme.
- The programme is open to young Africans between the ages of 18 and 25.
- The sponsorship will be awarded to those pursuing a degree level programme in any course.
- Africans resident in Africa is eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a genuine interest in personal growth and development.
- ARCHIPELAGO African-European TVET Initiative Programme
Applications are open to apply for the programme which supports partnership projects in12 countries in Sahel and Lake Chad regions. The aim of the programme is to improve the employability of young people through Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) measures.
The grant is fully funded and covers the total eligible costs of the action. Each selected project will receive a grant between €400,000 and €500,000.
- Applicants must be citizens of the eligible countries of Africa.
- Applicants must meet the entry requirements, as well as, the English requirements.
The programme provides vocational training and creates an opportunity for employment.
- Scholarship Programme for Leadership Development
MINDS awards scholarships to Africans who wish to pursue postgraduate studies within Africa, but not within the home country. The scholarships are available for full-time studies for Master’s programmes at one of the MINDS preferred institutions.
The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation and meal allowances, a fixed stipend and a return ticket.
To be considered for the scholarship, applicant must:
- Be a national and resident of any African country.
- Be a student of one of MINDS preferred institution outside of the applicant’s country.
- Be pursuing a postgraduate course.
- Produce evidence of leadership demonstration.
Interested applicants could submit their application for the scholarship once they receive an admission offer.
Fully Funded Leadership Programmes around the World
- Leicester Castle Business School-DMU Principal’s Scholarships for Students in UK
The Leicester Castle Business School offers scholarships to international students at De Montfort University (DMU). The scholarship must be taken in UK.
The scholarship is valued at £3000.
- The scholarship is available to both home and international students.
- Candidates for bachelor’s study must have 112 UCAS points or its equivalent.
- Candidates for a master’s study must have at least a 2:2.
- Candidates must meet the English language requirements if English is not the first language.
- Petronas Education Sponsorship Programme (PESP)
Petronas strives to develop the right talent that will ultimately contribute to the growth of society. Application for the scholarship is open to Malaysians who wish to pursue an undergraduate study in oil and gas related fields.
Benefit of the scholarship programme
The award of the scholarship is fully funded and includes the tuition fee, welfare and accommodation.
- The PESP scholarship is open to Malaysian citizens.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 17 and 19.
- Applicants must display strong leadership skills and active participation in extracurricular activities.
All eligible candidates will be selected and interviewed for the programme.
The Mandela Rhodes Scholarships Programme is open for African citizens to study for postgraduate (Honors and Masters) degree at South African Universities 2021 Application Deadline: 23rd April 2020 (extended from 16th April 2020) Eligible…
The world’s most affordable online university is offering 30 percent off its associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees to tomorrow’s business leaders. Nexford Global Leaders Scholarship The Global Leaders Scholarship marks Nexford’s…
Full-time Postgraduate Scholarship and Leadership Programme for students from select Developing Countries at University of Oxford. Application Deadline: January 2020 deadline Offered annually? Yes Accepted Subject Areas: The complete…
University of Cambridge offers Scholarship for MPhil Programme in Conservation Leadership to Support Students from Less Developed and Developing Countries, UK 2020 Application Deadline: 3rd December 2019 Offered annually? Yes Eligible…
American University offers the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship (AU EGLS) annually to one exceptional International Undergraduate Student. Application Deadline: 15th December, 2019 Offered annually? Yes Accepted Subject Areas:…
Young Leaders Programs, training and mentorship. If you are young and want to make global impact, you want to start taking advantage of opportunities designed specifically for young people who demonstrate leadership abilities. These…
MasterCard Foundation CEO Reeta Roy announced in Cape Town on 3 December that Four African universities are to receive US$86.6 million over the next eight to 10 years from the MasterCard Foundation in scholarship funds and other support for…
Add After School Africa to your Homescreen!
Recover your password.
A password will be e-mailed to you.