Public Health focuses on disease prevention and the general improvement of human life. The field of Public Health is broad and there are different careers under the profession which are based on medicine, science and statistics.
To study Public Health in any accredited university, international students can choose to study it over four years with a foundation year. However, when applying for the course, it is important for the student to:
- Do the research for the course and the university properly before applying.
- Start the application process. You will need a professional-looking email for this. You will also check the details of grades to be certain that you reached the cut-off mark. Then, go online and fill the form.
- Track the application.
- Check the type of university offers available for the course.
- Verify the application timeline.
The Bachelor’s degree is the barest minimum for the Public Health profession. Students must have a strong educational background which will enable them to pursue a Master’s degree. The degree may be offered at a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts.
Scholarships in Public Health
- VU Amsterdam Fellowship for International Students
The VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) is available for international students who wish to obtain a Master’s degree at Vrije University in Amsterdam.
The value of the scholarship includes the tuition fee which can be valid for a one or two-year Master’s course in Public Health and other courses.
- Applicant must have at least, 80% of the cut-off mark.
- The courses are taught in English, therefore, applicants must apply for a full-time English-taught Master’s programme.
- The applicant must not hold Dutch nationality.
To apply for the scholarship programme, the applicant must first apply for a Master’s programme at the university. Visit the official website for details on how to apply.
- AcademyHealth Diversity Scholars Network
The AcademyHealth Diversity Scholars Network aims at supporting the professional development of underrepresented racial minority groups in the health field. Up to five scholars are to attend the Annual Research Meeting (ARM) and pre-ARM Methods Workshops.
Applicant must be:
- A current full-time or part-time graduate level student, post-doctoral or clinical fellow.
- A member of an underrepresented racial/ethnic group.
- A US citizen.
Applicants must upload and submit the following documents to the online application system:
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- A 500-word statement of interest.
- If applicable, documentation of student status.
- A signed letter of recommendation on official letterhead from the school supervisor.
- The African London Nagasaki Fund
The African London Nagasaki Fund is a scholarship fund made available to support African scientists who wish to pursue a Master’s degree in a subject relevant to the control of diseases in Africa. The course will be taken at the School of Tropical Medicine and Global Health, Nagasaki University, Japan or at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK.
The benefit of the award includes a maximum of $50,000 each to cover the tuition fee, travel and living expenses.
The scholarship can only be awarded if the applicant meets the university criteria set for the course applied.
- Oxford University Fully-funded Scholarships for Developing Countries in UK
The Oxford University Scholarships are available to students from Africa, Asia and South America who wish to pursue a full-time postgraduate study in the field of public health and some selected courses.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The value of the scholarship is to the tune of at least, £14,296 covering tuition fee, and living expenses.
- Scholarship must be taken in the host country which is the UK.
- Students must be offered an admission to stud at the Oxford University.
- Students must intend to return to the host country after the programme.
How to Apply
- Student must be selected for the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme in the Oxford Scholarship section of the university through the application form submitted.
- The scholarship questionnaire must be filled and uploaded, together with the application form by the student.
- University of Edinburgh Fully-funded Global Health Scholarships
The University of Edinburgh Global Health Academy is glad to announce the application for its fully-funded scholarship for the citizens of developing countries of the Commonwealth. The scholarship is available to pursue a Master’s degree study in Public Health, Family Medicine, Clinical Education, and three other courses.
The Benefit of the Scholarship
The award covers full tuition fee, as well as resources to enhance the participation, access and research skills of the student.
- The scholarship is provided to students with an offer to study at the University of Edinburgh.
- The university accepts all English language tests; therefore, an eligible student must meet the English language requirement.
To apply, students are advised to visit the programme director for the intending course.
- Undergraduate Medical Scholarship at King’s College, London
Students enrolling for their first degree at King’s College University are offered the college’s scholarship. The scholarship is available for full-time studies in Global Health and Social Medicine at the university.
The Benefit of the Scholarship
The value of the award is £9000 per year and covers part of the annual tuition fee. Applicants are advised to source for the remaining fees, as well as maintenance costs.
The scholarship application procedure is the same as the admission procedure.
Apply now for Public Health scholarships for u=international students.
Academic Fellowships Agriculture Scholarships Engineering Government Scholarships Professional Fellowships Scholarships in UK Sciences September Short Courses & Training
In 2024/25, the CSC will be running a special Professional Fellowship programme: Gender and Sexuality Fellowship programme Application Deadline: 10th ...
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in conjunction with the Center for Humanitarian Health has launched a refugee scholarship program in honor ...
The Wellcome Trust scheme offers nationals of low- and middle-income countries the opportunity to receive training at Master’s degree level. Application ...
Chatham House is offering a one-year fellowship programme that will enable senior managers from Africa to hone their skills in ...
Academic Fellowships Doctoral Scholarship May PhD Scholarships Postgraduate scholarship Research Grants
The call for application for the CARTA PhD Fellowships 2019/2020 is now open. The Consortium for Advanced Research Training in Africa ...