DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme Sub-Saharan-Africa Call for Scholarship Applications 2024 at Dedan Kimathi University of Technology (DeKUT), Kenya (Masters of Science degree in Food Science and Technology). Apply
When is Application Deadline?
23rd November, 2023 not later than 24:00 hours, East African Time (EAT).
Only successful candidates will be contacted after the selection process is complete.
Expected date for admission of selected students at DeKUT: September, 2024
Tell Me About DAAD Scholarship for DeKUT MSc Food Science and Technology:
As part of the „In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme“, DAAD offers scholarships for Master studies. The programme is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and aims at university staff in the first line, without neglecting the public sector demand of academically trained personnel.
The target group for scholarships are graduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first academic degree if applying for a Master’s programme, who want to pursue Master’s courses, either
- in their home country (In-Country scholarships are aimed at students who study in their home country or in the country for which they have a residence permit.)
- or –
- in another Sub-Saharan African country
Who Can Apply for DAAD Scholarship for DeKUT MSc Food Science and Technology?
- must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country
- a holder of BSc degree in Food Science and Technology with at least a Second Class Honours (Upper Division); OR a holder of a BSc degree with at least Second Class Honours (Upper Division) in any related fields (Food Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Nutrition and Dietetics, Agri-processing, Crop/Animal Production), or equivalent qualification recognized by DeKUT Senate.
- clearly demonstrate motivation and strong commitment;
- have thorough knowledge of spoken and written English;
- have generally completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application;
- should generally be: (a) staff member of a public university, (b) or a candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, (c) or from the public sector and/or (d) Alumni of the DAFI-programme;
- Female applicants, refugees with recognized refugee status and candidates from other less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
WHICH COUNTRIES ARE ELIGIBLE?
sub-Saharan African countries
WHERE WILL AWARD BE TAKEN?
Dedan Kimathi University of Technology, Nyeri, Kenya
HOW MANY AWARDS?
What Is The Benefit Of DAAD Scholarship for DeKUT MSc Food Science and Technology?
The scholarship covers:
Tuition Fees* annually
Study and research allowance annually
Monthly Scholarship (Accommodation, Food etc.)
Travel allowance (In-Region only)
Insurance (In-Region only)
- The scholarships are awarded for the duration of the standard period of
study for the chosen programme (up to a maximum of 24 months).
Please state the entire period for which you wish to apply for a scholarship in your application. For example, if you are planning a 2-year degree programme, you must directly indicate two years as the desired
scholarship duration in your application. After the first year of study,
your academic achievements will be assessed in a further funding procedure. If this shows that you will successfully complete your programme within a reasonable period of time, the scholarship will continue as planned.
The scholarship usually begins in September of the following year.
How To Apply for DAAD Scholarship for DeKUT MSc Food Science and Technology:
Application for the scholarship involves 2 critical separate steps: (i) application for DAAD Scholarship via DAAD portal, and (ii) Application for admission into the University:
(a) Register via DAAD Scholarship portal:
(b) Application for DAAD Scholarship
Applications for the DAAD scholarship have to be submitted via the DAAD portal:
Step 2: Submit the support documents highlighted in the call for applications document found in the link:
(c) Application for admission into the MSc Food Science and Technology programme at the University
Step 3: Download and fill application form from the below link:
Application form: https://www.dkut.ac.ke/index.php/academics/admission/application-forms
Step 4: Submit the completed DeKUT admission application form and all required supporting documents (see below*) to: [email protected] ; indicating the email subject line as; YOUR NAME, MSc PROGRAMME APPLIED FOR. Attach both application form and support documents as single merged PDF document WITH YOUR NAME and MSc PROGRAMME AS FILE NAME of the PDF document.
*Required supporting documents:
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications (if applicable).
- 1 recommendation letter from university teacher, also indicating proficiency in English language
- Certified copies of University degree certificates including transcripts (if available, include a grading scale for the final university grade)
- Letter of motivation (1-2 pages)
- Copy of the passport (if applicable), or National Identification Card
- If applicable, information on the UNHCR registration as refugee
- Short research concept for the possible Master thesis(maximum 3 pages). The following subsections must be included: Title, background, problem statement, aim/objectives, and methodology approach.
- For In-region applicants only, provision of information on the recognition of the university degree from respective countries at least by the time of admission into the programme. See link for details on recognition application details: (Kenya: Commission for University Education (CUE), https://recognition.cue.or.ke)
*Applicants with supporting documents (transcripts, certificates among others) in languages other than English are required to