Scholarships in Italy
About Scholarships in Italy
As an international student, you may undergo your studies on fully funded or partially funded scholarships in Italy. The Government of Italy and Universities in Italy offer scholarships to international students each calendar year to study in Italy. There are schools that offer scholarships and grants to students. There are a good number of Erasmus scholarships also. These scholarships often extend to accommodations and free meal tickets for the students.
These are six steps to follow if you are interested in the Italian Scholarship:
- Check if your country is eligible for any Italy Scholarship Application
- Check for a school that offers your degree of choice.
- Check if the degree of your choice is eligible for any scholarship
- Submit admission application to the university of your choice
- Some admission applications are regarded as scholarship applications too. If that is not the case, then apply for the scholarship.
- Wait for the admission and final result.
Available Scholarships in Italy
- Italian Government Scholarships for Foreign Students
- EDISU Piemonte Scholarships
- Bologna University Study Grants for International Students.
- University of Pavia International Scholarships for Developing Country Students.
- University of Padova Scholarships for All Degree Courses.
- Your Company Formations offers Scholarship Funding for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students studying for an undergraduate or a postgraduate degree hoping to develop their skills and abilities to become future business leaders.
- Erasmus scholarship
- Politecnico di torino scholarship for international students.
- Bocconi university scholarship for international students
Top Universities Offering Scholarships in Italy
Politecnico Di Torino
The Politecnico di Torino offers scholarships to international students to attend academic programs in certain fields such as Engineering and Architecture.
The UCSC International Scholarship is an annual tuition fee reduction promoted by Università Cattolica in order to foster the access of international students to the degree programs. The discount covers about 30% of the total cost.
University Of Padova
The University of Padova handles regional funds to finance low-income students, both Italian and international, who have a good academic record and pursuing a degree at the University. The scholarship consists partly of money and accommodation or meals at the university canteens.
The University of Bologna on annual basis gives out study grants to international students from different nationalities who wish to study for Bachelors, Masters or Single Cycle Degree Programmes at the University of Bologna. Each study grant is awarded for one academic year and it is a total of €11,059 and full tuition fee waivers.
Bocconi University annually offers merit-based scholarships to students of different nationalities enrolling in Bachelor’s Program or Master of Science Program at Bocconi. The scholarship includes half or full tuition waiver worth up to €12,000 per year for Bachelor’s Program and up to €13,000 per year for Masters of Science Program.
Luiss University awards merit-based scholarships to talented bachelors and master’s students based on the overall assessment of applications. Scholarships are offered by the admission board upon admission to the most outstanding candidates.
Cost Of Living in Italy
The cost of living in Italy will depend largely on one’s lifestyle and location. The cost of living in the cities are quite distinct from living in small towns. Housing cost is higher in the city but the quality of life is worth it.
In Rome for instance, students will have to spend between 700 and 800 Euros per month while for other cities of Italy like Turin, Padua, Pisa or Bologna a student spends between 550 Euros per month to 750 Euros per month.
Why Study In Italy (Benefits to Aspiring Applicants)
- For students looking for a wonderful place to pursue their higher studies, Italy is one of the best. Italian universities offer the European standard education which affords students many opportunities after school.
- With a glorious history, diverse culture and some of the most mouth-watering delicacies you’ll ever have the pleasure of eating, living in Italy can be an exciting experience. Here is a comprehensive list of the benefits of studying in Italy:
- Italy has a wide range of universities a student can choose from.
- Students have the opportunity to learn Italian at an excellent level. This is an advantage to their resume when searching for a job after school.
- International students have the choice of applying for a grant or scholarship.
- Many universities provide affordable accommodation within a range of 300 to 400 euros a month.
- International students a get student visa which allows them to travel around Europe freely as well as many bonuses on tickets and services.
- Italy has a good number of low cost universities for students who can’t secure a scholarship for their studies.
- Students are legally allowed to extend their visa upon graduation.
- Students have the opportunity to study and work. On average, a part-time position pays 10 euros per hour.
Application opens for scholarships in Italy for international students from Africa and developing countries every year.
These include Italian government scholarships for foreign students, Italian University Scholarship etc for undergraduate, master or PhD/doctoral degrees.
Watch this Video on Top 10 Scholarships in Italy for International Students.
SDA Bocconi School of Management is making available one (each) merit-based tuition waiver of 70% of the tuition fee and one merit-based tuition waiver of 50% of the tuition fee to 2022/2023 MBA candidates with an outstanding profile.…
Deadline Extended: TWAS-SISSA-Lincei Research Cooperation Visits Programme 2022 for Young scientists…
TWAS-SISSA-Lincei Research Cooperation Visits Programme 2022: Young scientists from Least Developed Countries who hold an MSc (or higher degree) can visit research laboratories at Centres of Excellence in Trieste, Italy, for three months…
Applications are now open for the 2022/2023 entry to the Max Weber Fellowship Programme at the European University Institute (EUI) in Florence, Italy. Application Deadline: 18th October 2021 at 24:00 (Florence Time) Offered annually?…
I Tatti – The Harvard University Center for Italian Renaissance Studies and the German Historical Institute in Rome (Deutsches Historisches Institut in Rom) offer a joint residential fellowship for the 2022-2023 academic year. …
The Italian Ministry of Interior offers scholarships for the A.Y. 2021/2022 to refugee students or with international protection. Application Deadline: 30th July 2021 To be taken at (country): Italy Type: Bachelors, Masters, PhD…