First Class scholarship
As the name implies, the First Class Scholarship is a scholarship opportunity available to students who have excelled in their undergraduate studies, by finishing with a ‘Distinction.’ These are students who are average was 70 percent and above. Most of the time, the student who falls into this category receives fully-funded tuition or a tuition reduction (also known as a partially funded scholarship award).
Universities Offering First Class Scholarship | About the Scholarship | Eligibility Criteria
Below is a list of universities that offer fully and partially funded scholarships for first-class students;
- The University of Waterloo Master’s Award of Excellence, Canada
The International Master’s Award of Excellence (IMAE) is usually awarded to eligible international Master’s students that are seeking to enter a research-based graduate program at the University of Waterloo. This scholarship is valued at $2,500 per term for five years.
- Must be a research-based student(thesis or a major research paper)
- Only students entering the first term of their program will be considered
- Must have demonstrated academic excellence
- Must possess a valid Canadian study permit.
- University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships
The UMGF are merit-based awards that are open to students of any nationality who will be registered as full-time graduate students (Masters or Ph.D.) at the university. The fellowship is valued at $18,000 for Ph.D. students and $14,000 for Master’s students for a 12-month duration.
- Must have a minimum admission GPA of 4.0 to be considered
- Students must have been admitted as a full-time student without provision or have cleared provisional admission as a Master’s or Ph.D. student in a graduate program at the University of Manitoba.
- Clark University Scholarships
Clark University offers the Clark Scholars Program, which is open to the first-year applicant who has attended a school overseas for a minimum of four years as well as international citizens. The scholarship is worth $15,000 to $25,000 per year and a guaranteed $2,500 taxable stipend for a paid internship or research assistantship taken for academic credit during the summer following your sophomore or junior year is included with the award.
- Your Eligibility for the Clark University Scholarship will largely depend on your academic accomplishments, in addition to other factors.
- Michigan State University International Scholarships
Michigan University provides a limited number of scholarships and grants to deserving international students at the Undergraduate and Postgraduate level. These financial packages are not designed to accommodate your full academic program at MSU. (This is a partially funded scholarship)
- To be eligible for this you must have a cumulative GPA of 4.0
- Must have completed a study program in an accredited university
- You must have an ACT composite score of at least 33 and SAT total score of 1500
- This scholarship award is valued at $10,000, which means that the beneficiary will cover other costs.
Nigerian Federal Government First Class Scholarship (What it Entails | Eligibility)
The Nigerian Federal Government First-class Scholarship is available for qualified Nigerian students in the Nigerian Public tertiary institutions. Students who qualify can participate in the 2020 selection interviews for scholarship awards that is tenable in Nigerian tertiary institutions
Courses Considered for the Federal Government First-Class Scholarship
- Medicine and Para – medicals
- Environmental Science
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- And Agriculture
- Applicants for postgraduate studies should have a minimum of the first degree with first-class honors, upper-division.
- You must have graduated from a reputable federal university
- Must possess a cumulative GPA of 4.0
General Information Regarding the Federal Government Scholarship Program
- The scholarship is tenable in Nigeria and takes effect from the beginning of an academic session
- Change, of course, is not allowed
- The scholarship award is to assist the scholar in the payment of institution charges, fees, and personal maintenance.
- It shall not be held at the same time with another Award, not for part-time students.
Federal Govt. First Class Postgraduate Scholarship
A scholarship is the only solution to reduce or ultimately reduce the financial burden, such as the Nigerian federal government’s first-class postgraduate scholarship.
Most of these scholarships are valid for postgraduate education in Nigeria and are fully funded. So take your time to discuss the opportunities presented by the World Scholarship Forum. Recently, the need for Master’s degrees and PhDs in Nigeria has been on the rise, so that is why we have given you a selection of postgraduate scholarships for Nigerian scholars to carry up, so hurry and do not wait any longer, apply now!
A Graduate Scholarship may be applied directly to one of the following postgraduate studies for students who have not received a minimum GPA from their undergraduate level. Such an award may be given to candidates with a Master’s degree or Ph.D. It can be offered to MBA graduates, as well.
The Federal Government, through the Presidential Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development has rewarded 101 candidates, with 1st Class degrees, scholarships to study up to PhD level in 25 top universities abroad. The candidates…
449 candidates met the criteria for selection for the Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development, according to the Executive director, National Universities Commission (NUC), Julius Okojie, on Monday. He made…
The president of Nigeria Goodluck Jonathan recently (on Thursday 24 May 2012) inaugurated a special postgraduate scholarship scheme in Science, Engineering and Economic related fields for Nigerian university graduates with a first class…