Application Deadline: 1 April 2016 | Offered annually? Yes
Brief description: Application is open for Lagos State Postgraduate Scholarship Award for Masters and Doctorate studies 2016/2017
Eligible Field of Study: Courses offered at Nigerian tertiary institutions
About Scholarship: The Lagos State Scholarship Board is the agency in charge of scholarship, bursary and other related matters within the state. It grants Scholarship awards to deserving indigenes in various tertiary institutions for full time studies in order to assist these students financially.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not specified
Scholarship Type: Postgraduate studies
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- All applicants must have gained full time admission into an accredited Nigerian tertiary Institution for postgraduate studies (Masters or Doctorate).
- All Post-graduate applicants:
- Where CGPA scale is 7.0 (e.g University of Ibadan) he /she must possess a minimum of 4.6/7.0
- Where CGPA scale is 5.0 (e.g University of Lagos) he /she must possess a minimum of 3.5/5.0
- All applicants must be in their first year or above
- All applicants must have completed LASRRA Registration
- All applicants must have a signed letter of identification from their respective Oba
- All applicants must have a signed letter of identification from their respective local government
- All applicants must purchase a Scholarship application form. (Payment of N2,000.00 for Local Scholarship) throughthe Office of Special Adviser onEducation, Block 5, 3rd Floor, Alausa Secretariat.
- All applicants must upload clear scanned copies of all documents to ascertain the genuineness of their claims. Documents like:
- Admission Letter
- Valid ID Card
- Letter of identification from Oba
- Letter of identification from Local Government
- SSCE result
- Lagos State Resident Registration Agency(LASSRA) registration card
- Passport Photograph (clear background not older than three months)
- Progress report from school stating results clearly
- Applicant must participate in a written test conducted by Dragnet Solutions Limited in conjunction with Lagos State Scholarship Board.
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: Not specified
Duration of Scholarship: Not specified
Eligible Countries: Lagosians
To be taken at (country): Nigerian tertiary institutions in and out of Lagos state
How to Apply
All applicants are required to make a Payment of N2,000.00 for Local Scholarship through the Office of Special Adviser on Education, Alausa Secretariat.
Then take the treasury receipt to the Lagos State Scholarship Board to secure their secret voucher pins for online application. Application will not be processed without evidence of treasury receipt.
Visit scholarship webpage for details
Sponsors: Lagos State Scholarship Board
Important Notes: Application can only be submitted online from the link above.