Job at Google Nigeria – Product Marketing Manager Social and Consumer
As a Marketing manager, you are a fully dedicated business leader, shaping the future of one of our many Google products. Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. The role enables you to shape the product development process, organize product launches from beginning to end and form future marketing strategy.
Our Challenge in Nigeria, is to bring more and more users and advertisers online, and help create an important role for the Internet as part of everyday life. One of the core focus areas for us is to bring more African businesses online, so that consumers will have more and more reasons to use the web. As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for supporting Google’s growth and revenue generating efforts in Nigeria through effective and results-focused marketing campaigns working together with the Country Marketing Manager primarily on social and communication propositions. Your main objective would be to drive more consumers online, helping make the internet a part of everyday life in Nigeria. You will be using Social expertise to create viable propositions which will drive sustained growth of the echo system. Your responsibilities will include working with the country team, the PR team, engineering and product teams, and the rest of the EMEA marketing team to drive projects such as executing marketing campaigns, determining ROI on advertising expenditures and developing collateral that optimally positions the strengths of our products. As we are creating unique custom products for this region, you will work closely with the product and Engineering team, providing them insights and market intelligence as part of the product development process.
- Execute Google’s marketing plans primarily focusing on social products and consumers, working closely with the Google product, sales and PR team.
- Work with partners to create a self-sustaining environment for new users coming online.
- Contribute to the monitoring of consumer, industry and competitive behavior and provide local market expertise to the Google team.
- Evaluate consumer marketing opportunities and initiate programmes to increase awareness of Google products through development of creative programmes, brand awareness campaigns and promotions.
- Masters degree (MBA or MA) or BA/BS degree. In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience.
- Broad marketing experience in the market, ideally with internet, online services/media industry experience.
- International experience working in a large digital environment driving sustained market changes using a variety of social tools.
- Understanding of Google’s strategic and competitive position. Proven ability to deliver outstanding and highly creative marketing achievements with limited budgets.
- A proven, successful track record of increasing company revenue and awareness through well-executed marketing efforts.
- Thorough knowledge of off/online advertising planning, tracking and reporting.
- Strong aptitude for determining the optimal way to position products in the market and understanding of the search, online advertising, or web publishing markets.
- Strong analytical skills required and proven track records in managing ROI campaigns and measurements
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate about their lives as they are about their work.
Posted: May 28, 2013
Experience: Not Applicable
Functions: Marketing, Product Management
Industries: Information Services, Internet
Visit link to apply