Women for the Environment Africa 2022 for Women in African Conservation
From October 2021 to September 2022, twenty outstanding women in executive-level leadership positions in African conservation will come together for a year of virtual and in-person sessions to transform their own and each other’s leadership for the benefit of people, wildlife, and ecosystems across the continent and around the world.
Application Deadline: 15th August 2021
About the Award: In 2017, Women for the Environment Africa (WE Africa) was born through the determination of a small dedicated group of women conservationists frustrated with the current model of conservation leadership. They shared a conviction that a different style of leadership with more diverse and inclusive teams and more collaboration and less competition would result in more conservation innovation and impact. This desire to “do conservation differently” led to the realization that we needed to both build a community of women conservation leaders in Africa to increase our resilience, and establish a transformational leadership course to increase our numbers at the decision-making tables.
Eligibility: WE Africa is for women working for the environment who wish to transform the future of African conservation and environmental work. Supported by an extensive network of practitioners, Indigenous community leaders, scientists, academics, gender researchers, business leaders, and professional coaches across Africa and internationally, we have designed a fresh and relevant model of leadership development tailored to the individual and the environmental sector in Africa.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at (Country): Online and Offline (TBA)
Number of Awards: 20
Value of Award:
- Membership in a community of passionate, experienced African women who are some of the most senior leaders in conservation today
- Access to twelve months of 1:1 leadership coaching
- An opportunity to create a new leadership vision for yourself and pursue a personalized leadership plan
- Monthly online sessions to fit around your work schedule
- Two in-person retreats for intensive personal and collective growth and community-building
Duration of Award: October 2021 to September 2022
How to Apply: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.