Open Government Partnership Summit 2019 for Global Youth Leaders in Open Government (Fully-funded to Ottawa, Canada)
Are you a young person who is passionate about open government? Do you want to work with like-minded youth to create tools for making governments around the globe more transparent and participatory? If this sounds like you, then apply to participate in the Global Youth Leaders in Open Government program at the 2019 Open Government Partnership (OGP) Global Summit!
Application Deadline: 5th April 2019
Eligible Countries: Global
To be taken at (country): Canada
About the Award: The Open Government Partnership (OGP) is the leading global multi-lateral initiative aimed at securing commitments from governments based on transparency, accountability, and citizen participation. The OGP includes membership of 79 national and 20 subnational governments, as well as hundreds of civil society organizations.
The Government of Canada is currently serving as the lead Government Chair of the OGP. In this role, Canada is hosting the 2019 OGP Global Summit. The Summit will bring together 1,750 global influencers from government, civil society, academic, media, and beyond. One of the thematic priorities of the Summit is inclusion, which includes a focus on youth empowerment.
In view of this, Canada is offering a tailored program for up to 20 global youth leaders at the 2019 Summit.
Eligibility: In order to be eligible to apply, you must:
– be between the ages of 18 and 26
– be a national of or live in an OGP participant country
– be fluent in English (translators will not be available)
– represent an organization or broader coalition/cause within your respective country
– been previously involved in an open government initiative
Number of Awards: Up to 20
Value of Award:
- Successful applicants will receive funding for flights, visas, accommodation, and a daily subsistence allowance.
- In addition to accessing the full 2019 OGP Global Summit program, selected participants will partake in the following activities: An interactive workshop focused on developing resources and tools for promoting youth inclusion in open government processes; A youth networking event featuring inspiring keynote speakers and opportunities to connect with other young people attending the Summit; and Exclusive side events including Points of Contact Day, Civil Society Day, and the OGP Steering Committee meeting.
Duration of Award: May 26 – June 1, 2019
How to Apply: If you meet the criteria above and are interested in being considered for the Global Youth Leaders in Open Government program, please complete this application form by end of day April 5, 2019.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
5 IMPORTANT WAYS JOBS WILL CHANGE IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
Top 10 Jobs that’ll Pay You to Travel the World
Top 10 Common Travel Scams And How to Avoid Them