MEST Africa Entrepreneurial Training Programme 2021 for African Entrepreneurs
The Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) is looking for techies and entrepreneurs to join their next group of trainees.
Application Deadline: 29th April 2021
Eligible Countries: This program is open to anyone of any nationality or citizenship who meets all the application requirements and lives in Ghana or Nigeria.
To be taken at (country): The training will take place online.
About the Award: MEST offers a full scholarship to a 12-month graduate-level entrepreneurial training in business, communications and software development, including extensive hands-on project work, culminating in a final pitch and the chance to receive seed funding.
As COVID-19 has changed the way organizations operate around the world, causing travel restrictions and moving many workplaces to adopt digital solutions, the Training Program for 2022 will focus on entrepreneurs who live in Ghana and Nigeria.
This campaign falls in line with MEST’s plan to create a pan-African network which will pool the collective talents of entrepreneurs and techies alike. The campaign will also seek to increase the number of entrepreneurs by empowering young Africans while increasing investment eligibility throughout Africa.
Type: Entrepreneurship, Training
Eligibility: To be eligible for the programme, applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- A degree from a top university or Technical College or equivalent experience with at least two (2) years corporate and startup experience (preferred)
- Deep skills in either communications, business or software development (from the onset or acquired during the Pre-Learning stage)
- Young persons crazy about tech and entrepreneurship, and how to use technology to achieve business results
- Should be ready to commit to a full residential program for a whole year
- Disciplined, motivated self-starter who can work and deliver on assignments and projects – demonstrate this by completing the required Pre-Learning courses and MEST’s rigorous recruitment process
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to start a company
- Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Ability to work well in teams, proven academic or professional excellence
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Confident and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
Number of Awards: 60
Value of Training: The MEST Training Program is fully-sponsored and requires no financial payments to MEST. This is a full-time program that requires you to be available to attend all classes and sessions.
Duration of Training: 1 year
How to Apply: Anyone who would be willing to apply can do so below.